Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water play

Shy

Water play

What do you all do for water play? Have you stopped using wading pools? Do you take them to local wading pools that have lifeguards?

I still use a wading pool, with parents consent and even take them once a week to our local wading pool (lifeguards on duty) also with parents consent.

We use water tables and slip-n-slides & sprinklers. We "paint" with water.

Any other ideas for water play?

Euphoric !
    I don't have any outside taps, boohoo, so I bought water bottles at the dollar store and we spray each other with them. It's like a cooling mist and it's lovely. I have a water table outside that turns into a mud table quite quickly so it's not my favourite. I had a wading pool a few years ago but I only used it when I had a helper here for the morning. We went to splashpads on the bus for several years but my group is too young this year. We'll be back at them next year.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Outgoing
    I have a water table and a small blow up pool and also sprinkler. Some days we use all 3 of them! I don't take the kids to any public pools... way too risky IMO.

Starting to feel at home...
    yup- water/splash table and sprinkler. I do have a tiny pool that I do fill with about 2inches of water when I have a small group. Basically it is for me to put my feet in while I watch them run through the sprinkler LOL I think I may give water painting a try. I have a couple older ones who would like it!

Euphoric !
    The kids like to have a bucket of water and small cups to fill and "water" the plants. I give them the little scoops from powdered tide or little applesauce containers for the smallest since they generally dump them before getting there anyways. They get partly wet usually only the legs and feet but keeps them happy. Lots of walking back and forth so getting exercise too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Sprinkler, kiddie pool, water table filled with measuring cups, mini water cans, sand toy cars, mini water guns, plastic Lego and kitchen strainers!

The kids love the pool and I don't see it as dangerous, my set up allows me to see them from my kitchen windows if I need to run in to get freezies or snacks. My group is all close to 3 years + though!

Outgoing
    water table, sprinkler, splash pad. I also have the step 2 big splash centre, which is a wading pool with a slide. the kids love it! I have very specific rules about water and if the kids don't obey, they sit out. they are all very well behaved tho, because they love playing in the water! my youngest dck this summer is my own son who is 23 months, the rest are 3-7 yo so they do well

Shy
    I have a sprinkler, mini pool and I use disposable turkey pans with water for the little ones. My daughter is 10 months and I have a 12 month and a 14 month. My son is 3 and a half and I am also caring for a 4 and a half two days a week for the summer. When I have the three little ones outside it is only the sprinkler and turkey pans that are out (although pool is little, three little ones is too risky to me). During afternoon nap for the little ones, I fill up the pool and let the bigger ones get in to cool off. If I only have the big ones for the day, I will take them to the wading pool. Two lifeguards on and parents have given permission. My rule with the mini pool is...if they are old enough to get in and out on their own without falling every time, then I can have it out. It will be next summer before I can have it out all the time.