Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Rebate for food not used?

I have a dcb who is away for 4 whole weeks as his grandma is in town and taking care of him. The first week was my holiday and was paid by everyone. I have payment by enrollment, so fees are due for this child regardless of his attendance and parents have not complained or asked for any deal. But I am feeling a bit bad and feeling like maybe I should offer them a small rebate because I will not be feeding him for the 3 weeks? Am I crazy? I can't really afford to give away money, but at the same time, they are great clients and I kind of feel like it would be fair to offer something considering they are paying for an entire month of care they are not using (I didn't know in advance so I couldn't have filled his spot if I had wanted to). Would you leave it and expect normal fees or give a rebate of the amount you would have spent on food each day?

Euphoric !
    Unless the parents ask I would just enjoy the savings. In a sense the savings is to make up for times we go above and beyond such as special occasions or buying out of season fruits in winter.

In the past I used to charge half rates for days not used with the idea I still had expenses for the space to maintain the house but that recognized the fact I wasn't providing food or craft supplies, etc. during that time.

Euphoric !
    You are so nice Sunnydays, but I love the things Playfelt said! Relief of the guilt, yes, go Playfelt!

I have a family going on vacation in August and they have to pay the full rate for the week they will be away. That's the deal. If they were going away for a longer time I probably would have been soul searching too, so I'm glad you asked this question.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    Thanks ladies! I feel a bit better already