Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Sunnydays, remember how I struggled with terminating a child or not for a year and a half? He was so advanced verbally so his parents thought he was a genius and wouldn't listen to me when I brought up all the other problems. There were so many problems that I won't list them all here but I ended up terminating earlier this year for the simple reason that the parents weren't hearing me and they were not going to get their child help. I was getting exhausted and frustrated for many reasons, but trying to help the child and get through to the parents was rough.

I hope that the parents are hearing the same words that came out of my mouth from the new caregiver and that they will get their child help. He was 2 1/2 when I threw in the towel. I felt that I was bashing my head on the wall and that when the child reached JK the parents would say that nobody ever mentioned any of the problems to them.

If you continue to try and try, then be careful you are not doing all the work, make sure the parents realize that it is serious.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    Thanks Momof4. Thankfully my issue seems to be the opposite in terms of the child. He is not very verbal, but I don't have many problems behaviroually with him...I find him generally easy to care for as long as I respect his limits in terms of not pushing too hard on certain things. Termination is not on my mind at all. I think honestly that the parents don't actually realize that he is developmentally quite behind. It's so difficult to find a way to tell them in a careful and sensitive way...keeping in mind that I am no expert on childhood disorders etc. All I know is what I see in comparison to other kids his age...which is much more than what they see. I know that they realize he is behind verbally...but I think they are in the dark about the rest. They think he will catch up...it's hard for me to say he will not because I am not an expert. But I am 100% sure that when he finally sees a First Words therapist, they will not say "he's fine and doesn't need to come" as parents seem to think. I just hope parents actually attend the appointment as they see it as a waste of time because they think he is fine.