Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    I would not be washing kids clothes ... If the parent doesn't remember to send spare clothes then a call to pick up her dripping wet kid would probably refresh her memory. She would also have to pay for the damage caused by her child's bed wetting. She would be getting an invoice from me.
    Do you have a clause in your contract about damages? I make my parents sign an agreement that any and all damages caused by their child must be paid for in full before care can resume.

I would tell this Mom it is for health reasons that he must be in a pull up for nap. Regress? No it is much better to have the child feel bad for soiling themselves and for putting you in this position of having to stand your ground for the cleanliness of your daycare. I do not wash the children's clothes, that is their parents job.
    Of course, like the other posters have said, if dcm had given me the threat of two weeks notice, I would have terminated her right then and there. Speak to me with respect, not threats.

From reading everyone's responses it seems that we're pretty much all appalled that your client seems to be misinformed on how the daycare provider/client relationship should work. However, I think you set the precedent by washing her child's soiled laundry and accepting the issue of no pull ups at naptime. If she was truly respectful of your business relationship she would have brought the extra clothes and suggested other ways to avoid soiling linens, etc. such as the plastic bed liners. I would nip this in the bud now. I would firmly tell her in no uncertain terms, what you expect and stick to it. If she has a problem, give her notice. This client does not sound promising.

Euphoric !
    I just wanted to add that if this issue of having accidents at naptime is new, I am wondering if it is just the change or if he is drinking too much right before naptime? WHile the mom is clearly out of line for threatening you that she will leave, I do understand that she doesn't want her child to go back to pull-ups at this point especially if he will be starting school in the fall. I would make sure he doesn't drink too much before nap and make him go pee twice. Then you could ask the mom to supply waterproof cloth training pants or a waterproof pad and lots of extra clothes. This is one of the reasons that I would never have a daycare child sleep in one of my family beds. In my opinion, if I put the child there for nap, it is my responsibility to pay for damages caused by accidents. In fact, even though neither of my kids normally has accidents at night or nap, I have waterproof covers on their beds because I know that things can happen with kids. The can vomit, they can be feeling unwell and have an accident, etc.

I didnt read all the post but I am so upset at your situation, I dont think I would of handle it as well as you. I would have given that woman my two cents !! As soon as she would of ''threat'' me with her two weeks notice, I would of said FINE ! I did have that with another parent for another situation and when those words came out of her mouth thats what I said, I was no enraged !!

PLUS: I would never use or have the daycare kids use my own kids stuff, cant believe you had to spend money for a new mattress wow I dont even want the daycare kids to touch my kids nap covers nevermind sleep in their bed :O

Dont put up with difficult parents, you'll end up stressed out of your mind !!

apples and bananas
    I love brightsparks idea of asking for a waterproof sheet. I may add this into my policies for new children starting that have been recently trained.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Do you have a clause in your contract about damages? I make my parents sign an agreement that any and all damages caused by their child must be paid for in full before care can resume.
    Yes I do. ; )

Outgoing
    First there is a really really good chance she is lying and trying to force you into keeping him up or getting him up through nap. I would ask him who is on the pull ups he wears at home. If he is wearing them overnight then he will know the character. He most likely isn't napping at home on the weekends. Also there is a chance he was booted out of the last day care and has had multiple day cares cuz if moms behavior around toileting. She threatened you so I would assume she has done this before.

I don't allow parents to make decisions about my equipment. That's what she is doing. It's free for her to say words like "regressing" to put your equipment and time at risk. She needs to say words like “I will pay for damages and your time" She is not putting money into her words. She is putting your money into her words.

Tell her if she is willing to come get him immediately and pay for a cleaning service to clean your carpet and equipment then you can try another day or two but she must put down a 200 dollar deposit to cover time and damages. She will gladly pay it so he doesn't regress! Or she will decide the word regress is more expensive than the word pull ups.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to daycarewhisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daycarewhisperer View Post
    First there is a really really good chance she is lying and trying to force you into keeping him up or getting him up through nap. I would ask him who is on the pull ups he wears at home. If he is wearing them overnight then he will know the character. He most likely isn't napping at home on the weekends. Also there is a chance he was booted out of the last day care and has had multiple day cares cuz if moms behavior around toileting. She threatened you so I would assume she has done this before.

I don't allow parents to make decisions about my equipment. That's what she is doing. It's free for her to say words like "regressing" to put your equipment and time at risk. She needs to say words like “I will pay for damages and your time" She is not putting money into her words. She is putting your money into her words.

Tell her if she is willing to come get him immediately and pay for a cleaning service to clean your carpet and equipment then you can try another day or two but she must put down a 200 dollar deposit to cover time and damages. She will gladly pay it so he doesn't regress! Or she will decide the word regress is more expensive than the word pull ups.
    Well put Tori.

Outgoing
    I agree with everyone else. this lady needs a reality check. if she doesn't provide extra clothes, I would be calling her to come pick him up. put it back on her. trust me, once it becomes her problem she will sing a different tune. don't take her blatant disrespect, you don't deserve it