Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    We do what we gotta do

Euphoric !
    Just out of curiosity, when applying for new jobs did you list your home daycare on your resume or just say you took some time off to stay home with your children? I am wondering about the gap in my resume when I go back into the workforce a yr from now and have been wondering what to say. Only because unfortunately daycare professionals are not held in such high esteem (as we all know) and I didn't want that to reflect poorly on me.

I don't think running your own daycare business would reflect negatively. Think of the skill set we need to have to be successful and I would emphasize that on your resume or if you are asked about it during an interview. Most of my clients have commented " I don't know how you do it" at one time or another and realize I am very organized and am (usually) planning ahead for the next theme, craft etc. Show you are proud of your business.

I JUST WROTE THAT PART ON ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT WHAT DAYCARELADY SAID: ''she said she worries that daycare is not seem as a reputable job'' I said not to think of it that way at all. ALL the people I have talked to saying I had a daycare all congradulated me has THEY KNOW it is such a hard thing to do to take care of so many little ones. The fact of MANAGING MY OWN BUSINESS, CREATING MY CONTRACT AND TEMPLATES DOCUMENTS, ORGANIZING SCHEDULES, DEALING WITH CHILDREN'S TEMPER (PSYCHOLOGY) AND BEING A ROLE MODEL AND A TEACHER TO THE CHILDREN... this is all extremely good background to have, trust me I had thumbs up during my interviews.

It is written on my resume : PRIVATE HOME DAYCARE, Self-employed 2011-2013

If you have a detail of your other positions on your resume then detail this one as well, think business wise (like I mentionned above) : Managing (schedules etc), Administrating (contract, ''legal'' documentsetc), Accounting (budgets, tables etc) maybe not mention : sing the Alphabets and 1-2-3 LOL

At my previous job, I use to hire employees and never liked it when I saw a gap in the years, even if they were staying at home parents or caregivers etc.

Plus my reasons for going so out of my field was a big move from one province to another and taking time for my family and I to settle down and get use to the big change that it was, plus not easy to look for a job at such a distance back then, so it was understandable and not suspicious from employers.

Last edited by DisneyPrincess; 07-23-2013 at 07:38 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DisneyPrincess For This Useful Post: