Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Farewell : Closing my daycare !

The notice is out, I am closing my daycare in four weeks. I was stressed out of my mind to tell the parents, especially most have been kind to me and always followed my rules, they surprisingly took it well although a little discouraged of having to go daycare hunting again. Some actually asked me if I was OK haha, I said I was more worried about them then me !!

I have been in this business for only less then two years and I tell you, it sure is not for everyone. It has been extremely hard and stressful. Yes sometimes because of the children : the crying, the sickness, the not eating, more crying... but in the end, I had an amazing group of little girls.... no boys :O

I think the very main reason, is dealing with the parents. Like I said, I had amazing parents as well, but of course some were not all angels. I had my few hiccups with certain and the relationship was never the same. Some turned out to be backstabbers. At least I NEVER EVER had any trouble with payment, and in two year, only 2 were late ONCE during that big snow storm last winter. I always got my money on time, I dont think I would of been so gentle if not.

I think also that when I read the forum and see that most of you go through such hell and disrespect with some parents, I am beyond myself to think that grown adults can be such hypocrites especially when you are taking care of their child. I am very sad by the fact that lots of you are letting them drag you by the hair for so long. I know that often is because you need the money or its hard to fill the space cause the demand is low maybe ?! Everytime I come close to having a similar situation, I sure put on my boxing gloves if I have too. haha I have been tough but yet, most parents enjoyed my daycare and the services I was offering. Never had an empty space.

That said, I am truly grateful to have had your support and help through my most difficult moments when I was truly breaking down. I oftened wished I could have met you in person and give you a big hug. You ladies are amazing and the fact that you love doing this business and take so much care of little ones is amazing.

I am so ready to jump in that new chapter in my life and start my new job and I guess do what I am truly good at: working in an office as a more business women. In four weeks, no more changing poopy diapers... well except for when my godson soon arrives to the world in october, we have waited for him for so long.

I will keep memories of this experience and of ''my girls'' for a lifetime

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DisneyPrincess For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    A new adventure is for sure exciting. Good look with the transition.

For those that try daycare and then change their minds there is a saying about missed dreams and opportunities and going through life always wondering what if I had taken the other path. Glad that you are taking the road that will make you happy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Thank you playfelt, you were always the first one with the answers, you are like a daycare provider little angel

Starting to feel at home...
    Good for you for listening to your heart! I wish you all the luck on your new journey! I already know that I can not and do not want to do this job long term....I am really struggling, daily! If I can ask some advice, did you find a new job first and then give notice? Or are you planning on searching now? Also, do you have your own kids in care, and if so, will they attend a different daycare? Sorry to hijack your post!! Thanks in advance

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DaycareLady For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    I often dream about a house with out any play pens and without the smell of diapers. But for now this is my reality.

With all of this craziness in the news more and more of me wants to pack it up and call it a day. The liability we take on as providers is crazy!

Good luck in your next adventure. I wish you all the best.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Best of luck to you in the new chapter of your life! I think a wise person knows when to make this kind of change for the good of herself and those around her. I am still enjoying doing daycare, but if I ever start to feel that I am not, I will make that change too. This is not the kind of job you should be doing if your heart is elsewhere. Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

I wish you all the very best DisneyPrincess in your new career. Everytime we try a new venture, we learn from the experience and I am sure what you have learned doing Daycare will help you deal with the "toddlers" most offices have. Virtual hug back to you sweetie.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Good luck in the next new chapter of your life ...I wish you all the best !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    It has been good to know you DisneyP and I wish you all the best in your new career. It's too bad that your HDCP experience wasn't the best, but sometimes a change is really good. I'm on my third career choice in my life so I understand. Come and visit us!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DaycareLady View Post
    Good for you for listening to your heart! I wish you all the luck on your new journey! I already know that I can not and do not want to do this job long term....I am really struggling, daily! If I can ask some advice, did you find a new job first and then give notice? Or are you planning on searching now? Also, do you have your own kids in care, and if so, will they attend a different daycare? Sorry to hijack your post!! Thanks in advance
    I am glad to give you advice if I can... just like anybody you HAS a job and wants to change to a new job... never leave your job first, not good for the budget. I did find the job first and I was lucky that it starts pretty much at the time that I was ready to start at. The job interview and exam process to a while and so... I had someone cover me while I had to go interview (I just said I had appointments). I do have 2 grown girls but my youngest 8 y.o. will attend the school ''daycare'' again there... I was lucky to have a spot for when school starts. It all fell into place and I am sooooo happy now. All my parents are gonna be fine, there is spots available somewhere else not too far.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DisneyPrincess For This Useful Post: