Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    I am going through this situation right now......dcg (15 mths) who is about the size of a 7 mth old is strictly breastfed and refuses anything food/drink here and at home. She is breastfed at 6:30am and then not again until almost 4:00pm when after mom picks up....been like that for 3 months now. Dcg had a pediatrician follow-up apt today about this and dr admitted her to hospital today cause she has lost too much weight. Parents didn't take this seriously and I kept trying to tell them she needs to eat, drink, etc....she is being fed through iv for the next few days and then they will decide what to do after that.

Shy
    Thank you all for your advice and input. Today was (hopefully) the start of the way things are going to be. She drank 3 oz of milk and 1 oz of water. On top of that, ate her entire lunch plus two full snacks She slept for 4 hours in total)) When I put her down to nap, she didn't cry once. She smiled, laughed and even danced with us today!! I felt so wonderful, knowing she was having a fun day with us. When her Mom came to get her, I couldn't say enough about how wonderful the day was. I'm sure on Monday there will be a set back as she will have been with Mom and Dad the entire weekend, but with time she will realize that every week she is coming back to my house and we have different rules than Mommy and Daddy do. So proud of her, me and you for all of your kind words of wisdom. Have a great weekend. You all deserve it

Shy
    I'm so sorry to hear this mommyof2princesses. I know that when we care for these little ones, we do it as if they were our own. When they are not thriving, we feel guilty...as if we can do something to fix it. Unfortunately, we are not their parents. We do not make the final call. All we can do is to make sure parents know what is going on and what our feelings are to make the situation better (I have been careful to make sure everything that is going on has been documented). I hope that your little one starts to come around. I hope she starts to feel better and gets into the swing of things. My only advise to you is to make sure you have written documentation between you and parents (via text, email, etc.) showing your concern. My fear was that my little one would have lost so much weight and parents would say it was my fault. I don't want to see that happen to you. Good luck, and if you need someone to talk to about your situation, I completely understand and I am an ear of absolutely no judgement