Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    DCmama12, this is exaclty what happened to me! Parents started getting frustrated...saying it wasn't like that at home. I was never sure if she was truly different or home or if the parents were just used to it so it seemed normal for them.

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    Hi...I guess I have a similar issue. I have two year old twins. They have been with me 2 months and when they arrive, they scream and kick and throw themselves down on the floor. Within a very few minutes of the departure of the parent, they are quiet and accommodating. As a pair, they are uncontrollable and pose a safety risk to whoever tries to hold them to take off boots and coats. We finally asked the parents to bring one from home first, go back and get the other. (They live relatively close) This lasted for a week or so, and things were calmer with the children. I wanted to have the separation take place at home and try to get us out of 'the loop' of unsafe behaviour. The parents started bringing them at the same time again for two days. Dad would bring one the front door and a minute or so later, the other in the side door. OMG...the carry on was worse than ever. I am at a loss....definitely they should separate at home.
    I was thinking it would be wise to let the parents know that they have a week to get back on track and bring the boys in separately, or let them go.
    We have tile floors at both entrances and the flinging down and rolling around hysterically is scaring me half to death. The last thing I want is a child hurting his head. Any advice welcome.
    I should add that I have had a happy home day care for 18 years, and these two are the worst 'arrivals' I have ever experiences....altho ugh they are quite 'normal' during the day.

Euphoric !
    Yikes. I hate crazy, screaming arrivals.
    If it was working to have them bring the twins separately, I would insist upon that for a longer period. Let mom/dad know that you can try again in a little while (a few weeks/months), but for now, the safety of the children is what you need to be concerned about.

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    Thanks...much appreciated!

My Son is now 8 years old.Now in studying in a Private school in North Toronto.When he used to go to his preschool, he was quite upset.It seemed like he hated his preschool (or may be its because he missed me!).He used to refuse to have food from there.It took about 4 months to finally adjust to the new environment.He found his new friends and i found him happy again.Some kids are like this .They like to be in the shade of their parents!It takes time for them to adjust...Give them some space and time!