Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

To Ontario Providers

Do you take Easter Monday and Civic Holiday as Stat - do you get paid for those days?

Also, do your part-time clients also pay for stats?
    Last edited by betsy; 07-27-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Euphoric !
    I take both of those as paid stats. My part timers pay if the day falls on a normal day.

Euphoric !
    I call them Closed Daycare Days in my contract because they are not all stats. Some of mine are Easter Monday, Family Day, Christmas Eve Day, but not Remembrance Day. I have a total of 15 paid closed days and as you can see, not all of them are stats. Also, I have a federal employee as a daycare Mom so she gets Remembrance Day off but not Family Day.

All my closed days are clearly written at the top of my contract and when I write a letter to my dcparents in Dec. to advise them of my closed vacation days for the next year I remind them to check the contract for my closed days that their employer may not recognize as stat days. I do this as a courtesy for my clients so that when their employers ask them what days they want to book off the next year they can also book off my closed paid days as needed.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

apples and bananas
    I close on those days. But I do not get paid for stats. So, they're just my days off.

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you ladies for your responses.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    I call them Closed Daycare Days in my contract because they are not all stats. Some of mine are Easter Monday, Family Day, Christmas Eve Day, but not Remembrance Day. I have a total of 15 paid closed days and as you can see, not all of them are stats. Also, I have a federal employee as a daycare Mom so she gets Remembrance Day off but not Family Day.

All my closed days are clearly written at the top of my contract and when I write a letter to my dcparents in Dec. to advise them of my closed vacation days for the next year I remind them to check the contract for my closed days that their employer may not recognize as stat days. I do this as a courtesy for my clients so that when their employers ask them what days they want to book off the next year they can also book off my closed paid days as needed.
    Exactly this. Except this year I added Rememberance Day as well since my husband is off. You can take any days you want to as long is it ic clear in your contract and parents know in advance which days you are closed. Everything is in my contract and it is right at the top listed out as to which days I am closed (I renew this yearly so I have the exact dates for the entire year listed). No surprises...no reason for complaint as parents agree to this when they sign on with me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post

Hi Momof4, I don't take Christmas Eve off, but I would like to and I would like it to be paid. I currently have in my contract that I close all stat holidays and I expect full payment. How do you word that day in your contract? Do you just call them holidays (instead of stat holidays and the include it)?

Euphoric !
    Hi A&C, hehe, my you are so formal! Here is the clause from my contract but I cant get the formatting to work here on the forum. I have the holidays listed in 3 columns. I wrote Christmas Eve Day into my contract a few years ago because of old clients who left their child here all day long so they could finish their shopping and I had so much to do that day. Once again I learned a lesson.

Paid Days Off – Daycare Closed

The daycare will not operate on the following holidays:

New Year’s Day Family Day Good Friday
    Easter Monday Victoria Day Canada Day
    August Civic Holiday Labour Day Thanksgiving Day
    Christmas Eve Day Christmas Day Boxing Day

Should the holiday fall on a weekend the following business day will be taken in lieu. Regular weekly fees apply for all holidays when the daycare is closed for full time children and for part-time children who normally book the day of the holiday or the day in lieu.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

I don't take Easter Monday or Christmas Eve off.

I get paid for all recognized Ontario stats as outlined here http://www.statutoryholidays.com/ontario.php, and I close.

Yes, I get paid for them and I am closed. Basically, parents pay for any stat or civic holiday that falls on any day their child would normally attend.