Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About ECE

Starting to feel at home...

About ECE

I've a certificate(s) on Childcare Training and other childcare-related workshops, including a few units on child psychology. I've more than 20 years experience (public daycare/private/nanny), understanding of nutrition, worked as a tutor....

...can that qualify as ECE-equivalent?

How do I go about finding out about that. I'm planning to take some more courses to get an ECE certificate.

Starting to feel at home...
    Your best bet would be to contact the association of early childhood educators of
    Your province. You can also contact your local college and see how much credit they
    Would give you towards the diploma. I think you would probably have at least a few courses to complete before getting the designation. Also once you complete the courses you need to apply to the college of ece to be able to refer to yourself as an ECE in Ontario anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ECE53 For This Useful Post: