Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Euphoric !
    Yeah, sorry, I knew you meant you were bored with the daycare and want more mental stimulation and I suggested getting extra housework done during the day so you could have your evenings free for something like torontokid's new class or whatever interests you. For that matter, you could take an online course while the children nap.

I guess I've been having this conversation with my oldest daughter who has 4 children and worked part-time for a while to get a break but is now not working again. Her husband has a great job so she doesn't have to work but she's understimulated. How many years can I tell her to figure out what she wants and just DO IT! Anyway, that's another story.

Trust me, working outside the home is NOT better. You have to listen to the boring constant complaining of co-workers who are disgrunted or ladder climbing and backstabbing and so on and so on. I've had enough jobs outside the home to know that this is the best job I've ever had. I read at night and at naptime. I socialize with other caregivers a few mornings a week. No, the children are not perfect and every day doesn't run smoothly and sometimes I want to smack a daycare parent for their silliness by not being able to deal with their child as a parent.

On my vacations I travel to lots of places or spend special time with family or both. Right now I'm looking forward to my vacation in Scotland and Ireland coming up soon. If I start getting bored I will take a course at the library or the local college or I'll volunteer somewhere.

We all have a right to complain and I'm not putting anybody down in any way. But only YOU know what YOU need to be happy. Stop and really think about what you NEED to be HAPPY!!! Life is too short.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    Interesting this post resurfaced. I just signed up for an adult ed class to learn how ot sew. There were so many options of classes and I am looking forward to it.
    Torontokids- I am doing this as well!

Outgoing
    Mom0f4- I do agree with you-I definitely think there are other ways to finding balance that still allow me, in this case, to be home with my kids-which is of the MOST importance to me

Thanks so much everyone! All of your insights have encouraged me to look into some things and take charge- so that I am able to feel more fulfilled while still being able to be at home with my babes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6