Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by alaynek View Post
    For those who do bake a lot - can I take a favourite recipe and substitute a different kind of flour? Or should I stick to gluten/Wheat free recipes?
    I was/am a wonderful baker and baked a lot more before I went GF. If you understand the intrinsic value of wheat then you will know that gluten is what gives wheat most of it's special properties - you know, the stuff that gives anything baked that great mouth feel. So, the short answer is NO, you can not just toss in an different type of flour (like rice flour) into a wheat flour recipe. That's why I included a flour blend you can make. The Xantum gum (Guar gum also works equally well) is very important. Wheat gluten gives breads and baked goods structure so if the xantum acts as that structure. If you don't use the gums then your baked goods will fall.

A great GL baking cookbook is by Elizabeth Barbone:

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Gluten-Fr...en+free+baking

There is also a Culinary Institute of Amercia GF baking cook book BUT I would not buy that book unless you are already an experienced baker or you will not do well with it. But if you are an experienced baker it really does turn out a superior product:

http://www.amazon.com/Gluten-Free-Ba...ree+baking+CIA

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

There is treatment for gluten/wheat allergy and it utilizes the Immune System to fix an immune problem.
    There are 2 controls by the immune system which are compared to Yin-yang or positive & negative.
    1. The helper T Cell functions to increase antibodies
    2. The Suppressor T Cell functions to decrease antibodies – also called Regulatory T cells or T Reg cells

Oral Tolerance is the method that scientist & researchers called this treatment.
    It harnesses the T REg cells and lowers gluten antibodies.

The good news is this method has been successful in animal trials.
    However, it has not been successful in human trials.
    The reason for the human failure is lack of a blood factor called B7. Animal experiments were done on young animals and their immune systems produced good enough quantities of B7.

The good news is that certain Herbs are able to induce B7 ( a lymphokine) by blood lymphocytes.

Modern Medicine has joined with research in doing experiments but their policy is herbs are not part of their approved ingredients because herbs can not be patented and will not generate much return.

However, our company has combined the knowledge of Oral Tolerance and herbs to produce a successful formula. There are over 40 known herbs that are able to induce B7 by lymphocytes.
    There is one last hurdle in this formula. To produce the needed B7, the dose must be a certain dosage on humans and we found that though B7 is induced, the blood cells that produced the B7 also produce other lymphokines such as Tumor necrosis Factor, Interferons and Interleukins – many of these cause inflammation in the body and inflammation leads to failure since it causes increase of antibodies. Therefore to create a successful formula, we had to experiment with various herbs and herb formula and found certain herb combinations lead to minimum inflammation.
    So our formula is Oral Tolerance which is antigens as peptide and the correct herb to produce B7.
    Since the formula lowers 3 Antibodies – Immunoglobins M & Immunoglobin G &Immunoglobin E – , the Immunoglobin E is involved in allergies -it heals allergies.

More info at:
    http://follownaturesway.net/gluten-diseases.html