Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ikea high chair

apples and bananas

Ikea high chair

I'm in need of a new high chair or two. I haven't had babies in a while, and my old high chairs have been ruined in the basement.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the ikea high chairs. They look cheap, but I like that you buy the padding separate, so it's easy and cheap to replace if I need to. I also find normal high chairs a pain to remove the padding and wipe it down and then cleaning the padding is always a chore.

I also find them very cost efficient at 20 - 50 bucks a piece.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Outgoing

Following...

I am interested in the responses to this. I have all old duct taped highchairs here and have been looking at the Ikea chairs as well.

I have the ikea high chairs. The white plastic ones and I wasn't aware that there was padding but in any case I wouldn't buy the padding for what its worth. If I had a really tiny one who had difficulty sitting up then that would be different. I love that they clean really well and are easy to store. I have 4 right now and I take the tray off all of them but one and stack them on top of each other, placing the rest of the trays on the top chair. I used to have different ones but found that they are big, bulky and a pain in the ass to clean, and I wouldn't have boosters at my dining table for fear of damage and I also wouldn't want to look at them day in day out. As soon as my daycare kids can sit on a regular chair at the table and eat, they are out of the high chair, usually around the 15/16 month mark.

Outgoing
    I have 4 of them too. Mine are red and blue. I love mine. they stack great, take up less space. Easy to clean and are sturdy. I do have the padding that goes in the chair (I only have 1) but its for my little kids that come at a younger age, otherwise I don't use it at all.

Now I do find the trays are a bit hard to take off and the trays don't slide for snug fit (if thats what your looking for) but other than that they are great and really do recommend them. Mine are stacked in a corner.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have a different system. I only use booster chairs and I have 4 or 5 at a time strapped to my dining room chairs. They are easy enough to remove and stack up if I need the table for the evening, but that doesn't happen often since my children are grown. So on Friday afternoon they get stored away and set up again on Monday morning and I get my home back for the weekend.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home...
    I use the ikea high chairs too. very happy with them and you can take them outside an hose them down when needed lol

apples and bananas
    How did I not know about these earlier???? I'm so excited!

yup, this is how my week is going. I just got super excited about buying new high chairs. lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I use Momof 4's system...all booster seats with trays here. They take up less space and are easy to remove if you don't need them. But then I have a separate daycare, so I never have to remove them or worry about damage as they stay on the chairs there.

apples and bananas
    I have booster chairs as well, but I don't have a big table, so I need to start the 12 month olds in a high chair for a few months until they learn not to throw the plates across the room. LOL I also like to have a high chair as I can not see my daycare space from my kitchen, so if I have new ones and little ones that I don't trust yet, I like to have them in the high chair in the kitchen with me.

My big high chairs are such a pain to move between rooms and I hate storing them, they're so big! And super hard to clean.

Thanks for the suggestions. I know where I'm going this weekend.

Outgoing
    I get excited when I buy a new vacuum. gosh, what has my life become lol!!