Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

When should I start advertising for 'clients'

I am in the initial stages of setting up my daycare and would not be actually starting for a few months.
    Two questions:
    1. When is a better time to start July or September
    2. How early should I start to advertise
    3. If it is suggested I advertise earlier then later, is it ok not to be 100% ready when I begin. I would have my policy/parent handbook ready but my actual play space may not.

Euphoric !
    I had to fill 3 spots the end of June. I filled one for the summer, one half way through and the other end of August. Most of the parents I had were not interested in taking the spot until September. The one that took it midway through summer paid for the spot but didn't send her child till end of August.

I find it's never too early. Just put in your ad when your opening date is. I was not willing to hold the spots so parents had to start to pay right away even though they didn't need it yet.

When I very first opened, my play space was ready but I definitely changed and added things as I went along. For example, when I first started I only had enough toys for what was on the floor, now I have closets full to do toy rotations. I didn't have things on the wall but now I have floor mats on the wall to protect them, art work done by the kids, posters of things we learn and discuss during circle time, 2 corkboards for more artwork etc.

Good luck!!