Just need somewhere to let off some steam!!!!

I must remember that my daycare business is just that, my daycare business, and that my family come first.

I have been having some issues with a DCG (17 months) in terms of her eating while with me (she doesn't eat well at home either) and the DCPs have been asking my advice & agreeing with everything I have been doing at "my" daycare since the problems arose, or so I thought.

Over the last week the mother told me she wanted to up the DCGs intake of milk to 35oz! I mentioned that this was high & that it may compound the food issue, but I would of course do as they asked as they are the parent. Her food intake did go down & then they started to question me as to why.

In addition to this they have been one of these sets of DCPs who will take full advantage of the hours you are open i.e. 7:30am drop off on the dot & pick up at 5:30pm - a little later sometimes. If they had a day off DCG would still be sent, I know they pay for me to look after their child.....but in became increasingly sad to see her only have weekend parents

So anyway, today (Civic holiday in Ontario) I've received email notice from the parents that they no longer wish to send their daughter to me. They are using some contract changes I have made to hide what is the real reason

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually relieved that this is happening , just a little put out that the DCPs couldn't talk it through properly with me first. And that I have consistently put myself and my family out to accommodate them......no more......lesson learned

Is this a common issue in the Home Daycare world?