Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Feel uneasy and what do i do?

Hey,

I terminated a client 10 days ago and she keeps emailing me asking me to take them back. After all that has happened I can't possibly.

She just sent an email saying she saw my ad and wants me to reconsider. What do I say?

If you have already sent her a response telling her that you must stand by your decision then I would ignore her emails (or block her) If you haven't responded, do so with the above remark and then wish her well and GOOD BYE.

Euphoric !
    Forget exactly why you were terming them but sometimes parents do learn their lesson. Now that they have been in "time out" - sent away from the daycare to think about their behaviour, they just might become your best most conscientious set of parents. This of course assumes the parents were at fault and not the child.

I have taken a family back that had a tantrum and left care only to find out I was right and it was the same rules at other home daycares and the grass wasn't greener on the other side as they say. Strict rules for the return, a long talk about what the problem was, about communication and about how it was my house, my rules, my right to let them go again if they didn't follow. Second time around it worked out well and they returned after the birth of their second child too. She is still on my list of references I give out as a past parent and her child has been gone now since 2009.

Expansive...
    I can't do it my gut says NO. I hate feeling like this its like they still give me anxiety.

Now I will probably see them everywhere I go! Akward!

Euphoric !
    Just keep reminding yourself that you did them a favour and their new caregiver a favour too because hopefully they learned their lesson and will try not to get terminated again. Sometimes are most important teaching is with those that are with us the shortest length of time - like just through an interview where you dispel every myth they had about who is in charge and what will be happening to their child while in care - anybody's care.

Euphoric !
    They are still after you? I figure this must be the same family you posted about last week. This is getting a little on the crazy side. You've made your decision but if you block them will that make you look like a meanie? Is that the type of thing going through your mind? Get it out of there and be confident that you did the right thing, it's done and over, these people have to get the message NOW.

I agree exactly with what Playfelt said just before my post.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

I would send her a very polite, but direct, brief final email. Explain without reason as she has already had it, that you do not have a spot to offer her as you have previously explained and that you kindly request that she stops emailing you. Also finish by making it clear that you will not longer be responding to her persistent enquiries after you have made it quite clear what your position is on the matter.