Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Toddler curriculum

hi everyone!

I live in quebec city! I used to buy toddlers curriculum from a site called jadoudou. ( prepacked kits) every month I used to have a beautiful kit full of surprises. However they don't do English kits anymore for toddlers!! I was going to buy kits from the USA, but it would have cost me more than 120$ per month with shipping! crazy!

I used to pay 63$ per month with shipping.

So my question is: do you know good Canadian companies that create monthly kits for toddlers? thanks a lot!

Euphoric !
    Wow, that's expensive. I was wondering how many kits you have purchased already. If you have 12 of them already for instance, can you start at the beginning and do them again? I have weekly themes because I like knowing that I'm teaching the children a lot of different things all year long, but I tend to repeat them year by year to reinforce the basics as they grow they absorb a little more every year.

But I pick up books for my theme at the library every Monday, search the internet for crafts and ideas for songs, games and lessons. So it doesn't cost me very much to run my daycare. Don't forget that when you are walking outside you can teach as you walk, science is everywhere.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

I kept a litle bit of each month kit...but not enough...The problem here in Québec, is that parents expect a lot from us..I mean a lot...so if there is no program, it's not good enough...one of the first questions parents ask me when we meet is : what is your program...

Euphoric !
    Can you take the outlines that you have and what materials you have left and then expand from there as in do the same topics but add in your own materials. If you go to a google search and put in preschool themes _______ whatever topic you want to do ex" preschool themes apples" a lot of sites come up with ideas and even printables you can use.

Most of us I think develop our own curriculum because our age levels and group needs change so often and a purchased curriculum would be wasted.

yes...good Idea...I found a pretty good web site , it's pretty complete..I might do that

Euphoric !
    This is a resource I use, I get a monthly newsletter from them with their newest theme. I don't pay anything, you can sign up and pay and use more of their resources of course, but I do fine on my own putting things together with their great ideas which I appreciate so much. You can also see all their archived themes with lots of ideas.

Newsletter educatall.​com (educatall@cyberimpa ct.com)

Here's a place where you can print out pages and I find this site useful: http://preschoolpalace.org/

As I said, I love my themes and the parents appreciate the teaching that I do, but at the beginning of the year I choose all the themes for the year, put them on my calendar and on my website. Parents can see right there that I'm putting a good effort into each and every week so that their child will learn a variety of things. As I said, it isn't difficult to get books, find craft ideas and put together lessons without spending much.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

thanks again!! very good ideas...