Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shy

Soo absolutely annoyed by some ads!!!

who can advertise 25$ per day like who does that!!! there are 2 or 3 people posting ads in our local websites and its making me bonkers.... the norm is 40 and up. omigosh I wish I wasn't surfing online and checking out other ads.

sigh. thanks for the rant

apples and bananas
    Oh, that would annoy me too.

Daycare's that offer care at $25 a day attract the type of client that can afford $25.00 a day. The same kind of client that needs crazy hours, always runs late and never pays on time.

No thank you! Ask what you deserve and you will attract that kind of client that will respect you for that.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Shy
    ur right I know... but still makes me nuts becuz we put soo much effort in our services and some people don't make it look professional by doing stuff like this!! argh

Trace of Angels
    I agree so much with you Apples and Bananas. I am (I'm sure) the highest price home daycare provider in my area........... (and I don't even charge that much!) But I do a little test with all new potential families.........if one of the first three questions is how much do I charge then I politely tell them that I am sorry but at this time I have no available spaces to fill your childcare needs.
    If they are only concerned about the bottom line then usually they don't care too much about quality of care.
    I understand everyone has a budget in todays financial hardships but to be soooo concerned about price is a big red flag I've found most times.

Outgoing
    I agree with traceofangels! I just had a family email me inquiring about spots. I emailed them back my standard response, telling them a bit about me, my program, and asking a few questions. She emails me back a 2 line response, basically saying what are your rates and can you do a half hour later, because I don't want to waste time talking to you if those two things won't work for us. I was stunned! I still haven't responded.

I probably would have taken their daughter a half hour later as it is only a couple of days a week, but not after that email!

Trace of Angels
    Good for you 2cutecoys!!!!!
    You probably dodged a serious bullett!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trace of Angels For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    ya, well theres an ad right now on kijijji in my area advertising for 15 dollars a day. I also find that this person is always advertising so makes me wonder.

If I was looking for daycare and saw a low ball daily rate I would wonder if they are a saint, just stupid (or both) or are they only supplying the bare minimum in terms of food quality, recreation, daycare equipment, toys and program. A ridiculously low daily rate smacks of desperation.

Starting to feel at home...
    Here I find a few providers advertising $25/day but I live in a smaller area with lower income jobs. This thread caught my eye because it highlights a dilemma for me right now. Myself I charge $35/day for a full day but when I look to fill part time spots I advertise what I will charge for a half day (less than 4 hours). Just out of curiosity, do the ads that you mention include if that price is for a full day? I certainly agree that low prices attract a certain kind of buyers though. Opinions... should I be advertising my full day price only?

apples and bananas
    Yes, advertise your full day price only. Interested people will ask if you have a half day rate.

My area is in the $35.00 range. However, there is a massive daycare centre opening close to me in the next few months and they charge 15 - 20 dollars more a day then the home daycares in the area... hmmm... I think I just heard my rates go up. LOL

Half days are not ideal. I allow them to my current clients but I never bring anyone new on under those prices. There's too much of a demand in my area.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post: