Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Ugh... Parents...

So I have a 3 year old dcb and we are currently working on potty training. It's pretty new, I've been just putting him on at every transition or more, trying to catch him - so a lot of pants on/pants off type thing.

This morning he shows up... Wearing a belt. Are you kidding?

And when I took it off of his pants and put it on his hook - huge meltdown, and has mentioned it and got upset at every trip so far today. I'm not super upset about it, but just have to shake my head... Clearly wasn't thought through lol!

Geesh.
    Last edited by 2cuteboys; 08-14-2013 at 02:07 PM.

I had to laugh at the stupidity of it. Seriously, some people do not think. I have one dcg parents who eagerly ask me how she was on the potty today. I tell them I only put her on after lunch and nap (when I do diaper changes) as I need pull ups. Same conversation every time she is here and still no pull ups. I even write it on their damn daily sheet as well. Sooooooooo, twice a day only until I get the p. u's

Euphoric !
    Winter is coming. Wait for the overalls with the really difficult buckles. Send out a memo now!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    I have it in my policy book that "when potty training in order to make the process easier please dress in easy clothing .... No overalls, onsies, belts, buckles, snaps, buttons or zippers" ........ In other words elastic waist pants !

Euphoric !
    I also have it in my policies that if the child comes some day in a non training friendly outfit we will not be training at all that day other than if dry at normal diaper change times ie before meals, before/after nap.

There is no excuse if parents expect us to do the work to make our part of the work harder.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post

There is no excuse if parents expect us to do the work to make our part of the work harder.
    Exactly right?!?

This is also the family who's been putting it off forever (and I know that because they've been asking me since winter if I'll do the straight to underwear approach, to which I keep saying no) because they don't want to deal with it.