Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teacher rates?

Starting to feel at home...

Teacher rates?

I have an interview for a teachers child next week. What do you think i should do for the summer hoilday! Its my first "teachers" child. Should I do half price for the summer? (200/week is the rate now for full time) should i charge half price 100/week? What do you do for teachers?

Euphoric !
    I charge $225 a week from Sept to June for teachers. Then on June 1 they pay a two week non-refundable deposit for the first two weeks of Sept. In July and Aug they may bring their child one day a week (day of my choosing) at no cost. Additional days are subject to space and at the regular $40 day rate.

This is not optional if they want an unlimited contract. Other option is they may sign just from Sept to June at $200 a week like the others but I also start in Jan to advertise for a replacement starting July 1. If they wish to renew for Sept it is again subject to an opening being available. Sometimes it works out if I have a child leaving to start school and other times not.

Outgoing
    I don't anything different. They pay whether they attend or not. Why should you take a decrease in pay just because of someone else's profession? And for the record, I currently have 3 teachers parents right now.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
    I don't anything different. They pay whether they attend or not. Why should you take a decrease in pay just because of someone else's profession? And for the record, I currently have 3 teachers parents right now.
    I agree. I don't work a seasonal or 9 month a year job. I work all year round, rain or shine.
    I have x number of spaces. If a family wants one, they pay for it....regardless of what they do for a living.

It's really no different than paying your monthly rent or mortgage. You don't get a discount for the days you weren't home.

Euphoric !
    The problem is you sign the teacher on for the year but then June comes and she pulls her child out at the last minute. Just because she says she will stay for the summer doesn't mean she will hold up her end of the bargain.

Euphoric !
    I am just signing on a teacher family and they will be full-time until next July & August when they will use 3 days/week so that their son stays at daycare all year round. We discussed many options and agreed upon this plan. I'm not worried about them pulling in June. It might happen. But then all 4 of my other families might give notice tomorrow too. That's the nature of our business. You do your best to find families you can trust, but there is no guarantee, ever!

I am charging them full fees every week, including March break and Christmas break so that they will be paying exactly the same amount of fees as all of my other families. If they choose to keep their child home or send him a few days on those weeks, that's fine, the space is theirs and they are paying for it whether or not they use it. The great parents keep their child home with them MOST of the time when they are on a vacation or break. If they need a day or two for themselves, I don't mind that. As long as I can see that my clients are the type of parents who have their children as a high priority in their lives I'll work with them.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.