Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Commercial Daycare in your Home

Has anyone else done this???? Please reach out to me as I feel all alone in this. I have gone through zoning, building permits, plumbing permits...the whole shebang to operate a licensed Day Nursery from my basement and live on the 2nd floor. I'm really looking for any operators with the same experience. Please email me!

Quote Originally Posted by newbookbag View Post
    Has anyone else done this???? Please reach out to me as I feel all alone in this. I have gone through zoning, building permits, plumbing permits...the whole shebang to operate a licensed Day Nursery from my basement and live on the 2nd floor. I'm really looking for any operators with the same experience. Please email me!

Are you in Ontario? If you are then go read the DNA. The legal lingo is there but hard to find. Point is, if you are in Ontario this is pretty much impossible to do. The cost of retrofitting a house to meet the DNA standards would offset the point of providing daycare. AND, you would also have to find a house that could be multi-zoned for both residential and commercial. AND, you couldn't have any access from the home portion to the daycare portion or that makes it a HOME daycare and, well, you can't be both.

End point......not gonna happen. Sorry.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by newbookbag View Post
    We've looked into this ages ago....and from what I remember, some stipulations depends on the numbers of square feet per child, and also the sizes of your windows are a factor.