Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Insurance Questions...

Hello,

I am starting a daycare and hoping to be fully operational this September. I contacted my insurance company to inform of this and they were not pleased even though they do offer coverage for up to 4 children. I want to care for 5 children so I am looking into getting new insurance. Has anyone else had problems with getting coverage for their daycare? Also I did not know that it seems the insurance company includes your own children into the number of children you care for so if you have 2 kids you can only take on 3 daycare kids. I was not aware of this and do not know why they would be included. If anyone has any insight or experiences with this subject I would love to hear about it!

Starting to feel at home...
    I just got insurance and after a long search, found one that agreed for 5 children "not including" my own. It's State farm insurance.

All the other insurance companies were insuring 5 including my kids. I have 3 so I would have been insured only for 2 dck.

There is also Desjardins that offers 5, but probably not available in your area.

Good luck!

Starting to feel at home...
    cooperators insurance will cover 5 kids not including your own as well. Right now I'm currently with RBC insurance and they will cover me for 4 dk not including my own two...but insurance companies will vary their coverage on person to person. it will depend on geography, number of own children etc...

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    I have found that Cooperators has been most inclusive...and they will cover you if you have an assistant. This is something the Prov. of Ontario has told child care providers wasn't available.

Euphoric !
    Cooperators is quite expensive and so I found that Aviva would cover 5 plus my own and they are much cheaper.

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    Good to know. I will look into Aviva. Thanks...a penny saved...!!

Shy
    Thank you for all the responses this has been very helpful!