Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Can I please just go back to bed???

My son decided to wake me up at 5:15 this morning. He has a problem with early waking sometimes and he couldn't get back to sleep. Problem is, my daughter heard us moving around and she's a light sleeper, so she woke up, too. I am one of those people that needs at least a good solid 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep or I am no good, and I fell asleep late last night, (had trouble dropping off).

I am not looking forward to feeling wiped out today. Nor am I looking forward to the poor behavior that's to come from my daughter, (early nap today!!!). My son doesn't sleep that long as it is, so he's usually not that affected by an early wake up.

Shy
    I feel you pain! I only have 1 dck today and yesterday the parents told me that they would drop her off around 9am. Normal drop-off is around 7:10am. Needless to say that at 6:57am, I was woken up by a text from the parents saying that she got up early so normal drop-off time! I jumped up so fast to go get ready! lol ughhh

apples and bananas
    Oh dear miss Amanda. That would be a no no at my house. If you say you won't be here until 9 then I'm not ready until 9. If I have one kid and a 9am drop off I'd be getting my starbucks before anyone even got here.

In my opinion having only one kid is the worst! No one to entertain them but me.

I hope you both get in a good nap this afternoon.

Expansive...
    I hate days like that. For a while there my daughter was getting up from 12am to 4am!!!! she thought it was play time!. it was a pattern for three months!!!! we couldn't find a way to get her to SLEEP! I was a zombie! I even had a parent tell me she was concerned and might pull her kid because she thought she was waking me up with the door bell because I looked so ragged. LOL al the parents knew what was going on . . . . I as full at that time (6 everyday including mine). it was the worst!!!!!!

apples: I had a parent call me this week and tell me her son woke up early so they waned to come a half hour early. I didn't even know what to say to her. What?!? You have an issue spending some time with your own kid? This is a mom who brings her kid while on mat leave (full time . . . ). she brought me a stinking miserable child. She pawned her kid on me because she didn't wanna deal with him!!!! I open up at 8 but her drop is 9am. I don't want to have her little on dropped on me because she doesn't wanna deal . . . but what do you say? I was shocked she even asked so I gave her a weird oooooooooooooook I guess . . . .

Shy
    Parents dont care about spending time with there kids. Most of them look at it we are getting paid. I am open from 7am-6pm and 1 child is here from open until close. It makes for a long day for me as well as for him especially when he sees all the kids come in after him and leave before him. This child's mom off today and he was here at 7. I hope he goes home early today.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post

apples: I had a parent call me this week and tell me her son woke up early so they waned to come a half hour early. I didn't even know what to say to her. What?!? You have an issue spending some time with your own kid? This is a mom who brings her kid while on mat leave (full time . . . ). she brought me a stinking miserable child. She pawned her kid on me because she didn't wanna deal with him!!!! I open up at 8 but her drop is 9am. I don't want to have her little on dropped on me because she doesn't wanna deal . . . but what do you say? I was shocked she even asked so I gave her a weird oooooooooooooook I guess . . . .
    Ughh. Ridiculous. Unfortunately for me, my first one gets dropped off 5 minutes after I unlock my doors. I don't even have time for an uninterrupted coffee most days. By the time I'm done dealing with my own kids, ding dong goes the doorbell. I find the same thing with parents. I'm open at 7:30, close at 5:00, and I have these kids from when I open right until when I close.

Then first drop off dcm looks at me this morning and says, "Can you brush his teeth for me after lunch from now on?"

Euphoric !
    When routines get broken is when we have the most issues with a child. They know after they get dressed, they eat, they get their shoes on go to daycare on a daycare day. On a weekend they get dressed, they eat, they play. Nothing worse than having a child think it is the weekend only to have their hopes dashed by mom suddenly thrusting shoes on them and dropping them at daycare.

At the same time there are ways to spread out the routine and not to arrive early. That is when you say only if you are going to pick up early too or add an hour's worth of fees to the day. Bet they will be able to find something to do real quick.

Expansive...
    You're lucky...I need a solid 10 hours of sleep to feel decent. That's right, 10. Do you know how hard it is to get that kinda sleep? Needless to say, i almost never feel rested it's a curse, actually sometimes it feels like a disease

Euphoric !
    Luckily I can function sort of ok on little sleep since my daughter only lets me get about 6 hours a night. I sometimes fall asleep in the evening if she does which helps but mostly it is bed at midnight and up just after 6 so I am awake before hubby leaves for work at 6:30 or I would fall back and miss first kids.

Some day I am going to catch up I have promised myself. Brianne is now 20 so after awhile it just becomes so routine that you think it is normal. Means energy levels by end of day are gone, I over eat and dont' exercise and all that bad stuff.