Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Thread: Cost of Daycare

Threaded View

Trace of Angels

Cost of Daycare

Hi All,

So I have been doing daycare for a bit now. When I speak to other providers in the area and Daycare friends that I have, I don't understand this one thing that seems to be the norm.........rates. Why does no one ever increase their rates???
    One friend hasn't increased in 6 years, another in 9 years and yet another in 10 years...........not one of them.

Yet everyone else on the planet gets a raise, heck my husband is making a whopping 55% more than he was just 9 years ago.......I mean YEAH me, but am I expected to never get a raise............and why do I feel so bad about even asking for one. In every other job I have had I have received a raise almost every year........inflatio n happens, cost of housing has gone up, cost of gas, cost of groceries but I may have to stay at this salary for NINE YEARS???????

What is it about daycare that no one wants to raise their rates? Why are there so many home daycares charging less to attract clients?

Do you raise your rates? How much, how often?

Sometimes I wish we had a UNION............... .
    Last edited by Trace of Angels; 08-23-2013 at 12:44 PM.