Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One More Week!

Outgoing

One More Week!

one more week and all my sa's are gone! one more week until I get my nap time back, my crafts aren't all used, my food isn't all eaten and I actually get to teach and play instead of breaking up fights every 5 minutes! I have learned my lesson, preschoolers are what make me happy doing this job.

Oh I agree. Last summer, I had almost all big kids and I was on the go constantly between meals, clean up, activities/crafts. This year ahhhhh naptime is glorious as they all sleep well and I am not being asked constantly for popsicles.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    Oh I agree. Last summer, I had almost all big kids and I was on the go constantly between meals, clean up, activities/crafts. This year ahhhhh naptime is glorious as they all sleep well and I am not being asked constantly for popsicles.
    popsicles! lol mimi that is exactly the same as my home right now...I have never taken sa before but agreed to take the siblings of current families I have. will not be agreeing next year

Red face

Im so glad it's not just me! This is my first summer with school age children and it was SO different from the L/O's!
    I am looking forward to the quiet and nap times too.

I am new to this site and I am enjoying finding out that there others are in my same/similar situations. I'm not going crazy!
    Last edited by angelsmith; 08-27-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    Oh boy, I must say no to popsicles at LEAST 3 times a day!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by JennJubie View Post
    Oh boy, I must say no to popsicles at LEAST 3 times a day!
    This will be the first September that I can recall having all nappers. Oh yeah , I think I'm going to enjoy this!

Oh, Boy, I don't know HOW you all do it with mixed ages. There is NO WAY I could care for little ones AND school-agers. I would go bonkers. Not a long way to go, for me, but still.........

Outgoing

Halfway through the week now!

I don't know how all you providers with mixed ages do it either.
    I have 4 plus my own son who are between 11-17 months... Still get my 2 naps
    I couldn't manage school agers. I had one when I opened in Jan for 2 months. He was 6 and drove me NUTS!!!
    Having my own older 3 kiddos who are 15, 13 and 10 are enough work let alone adding some school agers into the mix.
    Funny, one of my parents mentioned at pick up yesterday something about their dcb coming to me after school in a couple of years and I said "I won't be taking school agers" NO THANK YOU!!! Honestly, for the rate that I charge, its better and more fun for the kids to be sent to daycamp in the summers.
    Hopefully the next few days fly by for you!!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Today is my last day until school starts and I am so excited!!! I am also tired of no all the time and refereeing EVERYTHING!!!
    I am looking forward to my naps again! Man have I missed them!

Euphoric !
    I've had an open space all summer so I've taken an ex-client's little girl who is 5 and my grandson who is 6 for sporadic days here and there (not at the same time). Both of these children were great helpers with the little ones and a joy to have around. But the little girl is here today and I set her up on a cot in another room to be quiet for naptime but I have to keep checking on her because she doesn't sleep and needs new things to keep her occupied for 2 hours. At least my grandson brought his video game and was allowed to play that for 1 hour. It makes for looooooong days for me. I would NOT want to do it on a regular basis with a child who doesn't nap.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.