Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Exercise Videos for Children

Hi Ladies!

I'm thinking for the boring winter months that I would like to incorporate some sort of daily children's workout to help make sure the children are getting their 60 minutes. I do plan on taking the children out in the snow as well, but I know they won't be happy out in the cold for too long. Do any of you know of exercise videos for children?

This is a great question. I'd be really interested in hearing people's feedback.

Expansive...
    I've tried a video but I find the kids don't follow for very long...so instead we do our own " yoga" . I do it about twice per week, for about 10-15 mins. I use some real yoga poses but most of it is just movements like " shake your hands, then shake your feet, reach up to the sky, touch your toes, do the twist" etc etc etc....there are tons of things you can do. I got most of the ideas from when my toddler was in gymnastics maybe you could find more online.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    My group loves dancing to the Wiggles, they go nuts!

We also turn on silly songs and do actions to the songs, Happy and you know it, Itcy Bitcy, Hookie Pookie, dress up make up your own fun moves. Grab teddys and let them boogie with them!
    Last edited by Skysue; 09-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Euphoric !
    The music channels on rogers are great because you can find any style of music you are in the mood for that day.

Shy
    YOU TUBE is my BEST FRIEND!! haha Seriously, when I open up the lap top I have every ones attention in 3 seconds flat!! I type in Zumba for Kids and everyone gets to pick a video off the selection. So before we know it, we've danced and shake'd it to 6+ songs!! Then as a cool down we do kids yoga videos on you tube as well. The parents tell me that the kids ask for you tube at home in the evenings and weekends!!

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I'll have to look up Zumba for kids, thanks for the idea

We do yoga once a week. The kids favourite yoga is Cosmic Yoga on YouTube. The kids like them so much generally we do two on yoga days.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Euphoric !
    We have a little dancing time on a lot of inside play days, but I also have mats I put on the floor and play musical mats by turning off the music and having them all find a mat (no winners/losers) or we play red light/green light, what time is it Mr. Wolf?, Pop goes the weasel, and other games. Sometimes I play the animal game where I name an animal like a giraffe and get them to walk around stretching, slither on the floor like a snake, stomp like an elephant, you get the idea. In my opinion, that's all fun exercise for the children.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.