Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    It is so tempting to tell you that you should have kept the money, because you were certainly entitled to it. However, I think you did the right thing in returning it for your own emotional safety! With your husband away, you would be a nervous wreck worrying about whether he was going to come over to get the money and become aggressive again. It is worth the money to be RID of them. He sounds dangerous. At least he has no reason to return, so your peace of mind is what you bought with that money... not really a bad deal in the big picture!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to treeholm For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I am so sorry this happened to you. That dad should be ashamed of himself..... What a really mean and bully-ish way to behave to a caregiver with children.... He KNEW you felt defenseless and he took advantage of that.

I am steaming mad for you!! I hope you spread the word in your community about this dad so that other providers are leary of enrolling the family.

I would also consider filing a report with the police for his actions so he does not continue to try and contact you.

(((hugs)))) for having to have gone through that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyP For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Very sorry that you had to go through this, but GOOD FOR YOU for standing your ground!!! It is your home, your rules! I would have done the exact same thing. I bet his wife killed him when he got home Parents usually only have to care for 1-2 children. They have no idea how hard it is to be cleaning up accidents while caring for 3-4 other children at the same time! I hope you can breath a sigh of relief, knowing that you no longer have to deal with this person. As previously stated, I would also try and warn other caregivers in your area about this family.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyP View Post
    I am so sorry this happened to you. That dad should be ashamed of himself..... What a really mean and bully-ish way to behave to a caregiver with children.... He KNEW you felt defenseless and he took advantage of that.

I am steaming mad for you!! I hope you spread the word in your community about this dad so that other providers are leary of enrolling the family.

I would also consider filing a report with the police for his actions so he does not continue to try and contact you.

(((hugs)))) for having to have gone through that.
    I have had 2 days to think about the matter and I so so regret refunding them their money as, they so didn't deserve it after his appalling actions. I told my husband that I wanted to contact the police, but he had suggested not to. It is amazing that he is a school teacher for grade 4/5 students, his wife is Judicial clerk which is why I kind of decided to refund the $$ as I assumed that she would have some legal connections to pursue me with some sort of loop hole that I didn't see coming. The whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach and I can't believe I didn't terminate them earlier when I had so many opportunities too, as the dcg went through a biting issue and I still worked through that issue!!!! I really have to revamp my handbook policies to make it iron clad so I won't be forced to give a refund ever again. I am secretly hoping that the next provider tells them the same thing that she s not ready to be potty trained at 22mths!!!! I will NEVER take school teacher again!!!!
    you will always stand taller when you
    kneel
    to help a child

Expansive...
    I told my husband your story and he said he would have been FURIOUS at anyone speaking to me that way. What was your husband saying when he turned his focus to him?

And the thing is I bet his wife wasn't so mad at him when he got home because I bet he twisted the story so much to make himself look like the rational non-confrontational one. People, I tell ya.

Wow... That is a nut job. How can he expect you to keep taking care of his child after trying to intimidate you. I would have at least threat him to call 911 or something to taking him out of my back. I would have also give him his money back so I didn't have to hear anything from them ever again. You did right, it's better to keep bullies away...

When I started reading your post I though I was reading something about me. This week a 23 mo dcg came back from summer vacation (dad is a teacher). She was potty trained during her time off and she returned Tuesday in under ware. I suspected she would so as soon as the door closed I checked and put a pull up on. She had accidents all day, but email parents at lunch about it and told them about the pull ups and remind them my policy (and to bring more pull ups, of course). She is now doing much better (but still in pull ups). Everyday she is having less and less accidents and she started yesterday to tell me sometimes when she needs to go.

I would also be mad if the guy was begging my husband for me to keep the child. This is my business, not my husband's.
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 09-06-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Expansive...
    Did you ever hear from these people again? Or was that it?