Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Difference between a licensed from a registered daycare?

Is there a difference?

I am in Ontario. I am unlicensed (I don't work with an agency and am not officially regulated by any ministries although I try to follow guidelines anyways of course) but I am registered as a small business with the provincial govt. I registered my business name so that I could use some expenses as tax write-offs since I was giving out receipts anyways and that way I never have to give my SIN out, just my business number. Not sure if this helps but I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy123 View Post
    I am in Ontario. I am unlicensed (I don't work with an agency and am not officially regulated by any ministries although I try to follow guidelines anyways of course) but I am registered as a small business with the provincial govt. I registered my business name so that I could use some expenses as tax write-offs since I was giving out receipts anyways and that way I never have to give my SIN out, just my business number. Not sure if this helps but I hope so.
    I'm not sure if that's what it's meant when someone asks if a daycare is "registered." But thanks for that info about registering as a business so as not to give out SIN.

Hi there, I've seen this questions discussed in a couple of different forums. The devil is in the details with this one....LOL No home daycare provider is licenced - it's not possible. What you can/will find is caregivers who work with licenced agencies. This means that they have a worker, who inspects their daycare and ensures that they are following certain guidelines laid out by the licenced agency. i.e. must have all chemicals securely stored in an area that is inaccessabile to the children, may not care for more than two children under the age of two, etc. Perhaps this is the difference that people are discussing when they use the terms registered/licenced/unlicenced ? I hope this helps !