Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Constant screaming

So I've got a dcg here that constantly screams. And I'm not kidding, she's been going for 3.5 hours at this point, and this is the norm. She wants to be held all the time, (which is not going to happen), she cries so hard she vomits every time shes here. The ONLY thing that works is to put her in her car seat, (mom and dad leave it here). She wont even eat. And even when shes in the car seat, if you so much as look at her, she starts screaming again. TGIF!!!

Outgoing
    Wow! Poor you and poor dcg. I hope things settle down soon. I'm sure you are doing all you can to help her transition, and I hope for your sake and hers, her parents are helping at home too.

Good Luck!

Euphoric !
    YIKES !!!!! hope the wine is chillin

Poor you! Nothing grates on my nerves more than that; I so feel for you! Something that has worked for me is setting up a playpen; put her in as soon as she starts crying....perhaps with a security item if she has it. For my crier, she was used to a quiet home and kaboom, suddenly is on the floor, with all of this stimulation around her (running kids, new noises...). I think the playpen was a safe zone for her. Just a thought. Best of luck!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Shy
    oh wow I can so relate these last two weeks...is she new? (today has been a good day, but dcg usually cries about as much..and only is quiet if I have her in the baby carrier or we're outside..again not always possible...good luck!! TGIF is right!!

Outgoing
    She's relatively new.... but not so new that I'd expect this level of screaming still Thankfully she napped today for 2 hours - it was so blissfully quiet in my house during quiet time! It's funny too how in the morning during drop off, Mom makes everything seem all rosey, but at pick up, Dad admits to me that dcg had barely slept the night before!

But on the bright side, I have one pick up left and it's just under an hour to go! Yay! Happy weekend everyone!

Shy
    I don't know how long you have had her yet, but I did have a DKG who cried constantly for almost two weeks. I'm talking 6-8 hrs of crying! She's my sweetest little one now She also wanted me to hold her all the time and like you, it wasn't happening. What I did was once she stopped crying, I would pick her up. Rewarded the good behavior. Good luck!!!