Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Scholastic book club

I was just wondering if any private home daycares do the scholastic book club. I thought I've seen some websites of some unlicensed daycares that offer this, but I was informed by scholastic that they need a copy of my license. Just thought I would check with others...thanks!

I go through my mom who's a teacher (well, a supply teacher now...)!

Outgoing
    That would be great if we could have access to the book program without being licensed.

Euphoric !
    Haven't thought about it myself.... but I would be interested to find out what you learn??

Here is the response I received back from scholastic:

School marketing restrictions on many of the books we offer do not allow us to accept orders from home addresses. For daycare providers we request a copy of their license to be eligible for Book Clubs. Since you have mentioned that you are a private unlicensed home daycare we unfortunately can only provide access to our Classroom Essentials Catalogue. You may view the catalogue online at http://scholastic.ca/clubs/cec/. If you are interested in having an account created please provide us with your home address and phone number.

I checked out the catalogue and it has an Early Childhood section with various learning tools (posters, books).

Yup. I'm registered as a business and I sent them a letter with my BIN on it. They send me all thje catalogues and I get discounts from them. I LOVE scholastic!

Whoops! I'm in Canada. Perhaps the rules are different here..

Quote Originally Posted by agesandstagesdaycare View Post
    Yup. I'm registered as a business and I sent them a letter with my BIN on it. They send me all thje catalogues and I get discounts from them. I LOVE scholastic!

Whoops! I'm in Canada. Perhaps the rules are different here..
    Thanks agesandstages, I'm in Ontario...and I actually just got another response from scholastic today saying they will accept a copy of a license or registration...which is the BIN you mentioned...somethin g to definitely consider, because I love scholastic too and I do like the advantage of not having to give out my SIN to parents as you or someone else had mentioned.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zen39 For This Useful Post: