Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Lorex Baby Monitors

I know a bunch of you bought the Lorex baby monitors when I did (4 cameras + monitor). Has anyone had problems and had to go through with a return/exchange? I am asking because I just dropped my monitor in the toilet, heh heh, don't worry there was no pee in there. It isn't working anymore. I am hoping to score a free replacement as it's still under warranty (they don't need to know how it stopped working). Do they get you to mail it back to them? Is it a long process? A lot of things that I have had break legitimately while they were under warranty, the company would just send a replacement as it is too much hassle to deal with the return etc which I am hoping is the case here as well. Thanks

I have never had any problems with mine so I haven't had to do a warranty issue. BUT, did you try to take it apart and let it dry out? I am just wondering if they have a way to tell if it's been wet - you know, like they can with cell phones?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Shy
    put it in a bowl of rice for at least 5 hours. it will absorb any moisture, thats what we do when liquids get on a cell and it works! good luck

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamabearto3 For This Useful Post:

Haven't had any issue with mine either. Perhaps start with calling customer service & going from there? Also great ideas on drying it out
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I had taken it apart to dry it and it now turns on. I can see one of my cameras but can't switch channels or talk on it. Will try the rice, thanks.

Turns out it is not under warranty anyways. Thought I had a yr but it is only 3 mos.

Outgoing
    Really? I need to check mine. I thought I had a year. Mine only works on the charger.

Euphoric !
    The rice worked! I am blissfully watching my dck's nap again rather then going downstairs every time I hear something. Thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    yup, rice works for most electronics in case you ever need to dry out an ipad, iphone, ipod... Not that I would have experience in that.... lol. It has worked numerous times for me.

Euphoric !
    Yes, the rice trick usually works! However, don't try to turn it on before it's completely dry or you can "fry" it apparently. I'm not a techie but this is what I've been told.

Shy
    When I called to have 1 camera replaced they just sent out a new one. I never sent my old one back. They asked me too but I forgot and the new one showed up