Rather than bore you with the details of why I no longer want to do field trips, the main concern is that I don't want to do field trips anymore. I'm willing to do the occasional field trip or maybe once a month, nothing like the 1 - 3 field trips per week that I used to do. The concern is that my daycare families seem to really want field trips, they have been complaining for 5 months about the lack of field trips.

I don't go on field trips with my daycare if:
1) I have more than 1 non-walker
2) a child under 22 lbs
3) don't have an assistant or another caregiver meeting us
4) a child who runs or misbehaves when we are out

Right now, I have a child that is under 22lbs and no assistant. My families were pre-warned Oct last year that there would be no field trips this past summer, or if I did find an assistant that the cost would increase to cover the cost of the assistants.

Despite that my families had the 8 - 9 month warning in the calendar, numerous blogs, and I spoke to each family at least once, I am still being bugged about field trips. I'm thinking it might be time to do something a little more formal but hopefully not rock the boat.

I'm thinking about doing a formal field trip policy. A friend has suggested that I just keep reminding parents that I am not able to travel without a huge headache and just not let it bother me.

Thanks Rhonda aka : exhausted caregiver with a huge headache