Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constant Crying

Constant Crying

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I have a home childcare. I have been a childcare provider for the past 11 years and I have never experienced this kind of behaviour before from a child. I have a child that I have known since birth(family friend), she cries, screams and is inconsolable everyday. I have tried everything I can think of, she is now 21 months and she was like this last year everyday for 6 months and know we are almost done 1 month this year. I have talked to parents and the other parents of the other children. I do not want to let her go but I have had lots of comments from children and parents. Thanks for your time everyone.

Starting to feel at home...
    Hello, my daughter was very fussy and cried a lot for her first year. After trying many different things, we discovered that she had a dairy intolerance. A few days after eliminating dairy, her temperament and sleep habits greatly improved. Turned out she was suffering from tummy pains all the time. Now at four years, we have re-introduced most forms of dairy except cow's milk and it appears she has grown out of the allergy. Good luck to you, it is very frustrating to try and find out what the problem may be.

Expansive...
    I don't fully understand your post? She cried for 6 months last year and now for a month again? Has she been in your care this whole time and now the crying has started up again? If so sounds like it could be teething, maybe her 2 year molars?

Starting to feel at home...
    What do the parents say about behaviour a home? Is she fussy for them too? Food allergies could certainly affect a child- I've seen it happen often and I don't think that it's investigated nearly enough as a source of problems. If the girl is fine at home though I'd look to other problems. Is she social with the other kids? Do certain things trigger her like ie transition times, commotion...? I'm not saying that you can change these things but it's a direction to take. Record everything that you can think of. Foods eaten, any patterns you see. Maybe a trip to the family doctor would help.? Hopefully it's something that she can outgrow soon! I hope that you don't have to let her go and that you and the parents can figure this out.
    It must be frustrating for you for sure- especially if it affects the other kids in your care. Especially difficult if it's a family friend too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy123 For This Useful Post:

she was off for the summer(parents are teachers), but we got together at least a few times so she always saw us. Now school is back in and she has started.

Euphoric !
    I have to admit I didn't really understand your post either. Thanks for explaining and it makes total sense now. If this child was away from you for the summer you are obviously starting from scratch with her, yikes! I agree with the other ladies who said that the parents should be helping you find a solution.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.