Hey Ladies!
I'm not originally from Ontario so Junior Kindergarten and Senior Kindergarten are foreign to me. Where I'm from Kindergarten starts at age 5 and there is no JK or SK.
I'm wondering if any of you guys know what skills teachers are looking for when a 4 year old starts Junior Kindergarten?

The reason I ask is that I have 2 children in my care (one 3yo and the 3.5yo) and one boy has no language skills (literally not a word) and the other has minimal language skills (can kind of understand him but it's probably more because I've learned his language after being with me for so long). The other thing is both of these boys aren't even close to being potty trained and both have struggles with self care (can't dress themselves - like pull up their pants, put on socks/shoes/coats, wipe their nose, dry their hands, etc).

I understand that a lot can happen in a year with their learning curve but what would happen if they aren't self sustaining when that time comes? Honestly, I'm not even sure if that is 'normal' behaviour for a 3yo (minus the language as I know they are behind). I only have my own 2yo, the other children I watch, and family/friends children to compare to so maybe I'm just being concerned for no reason.

Thanks in advance