Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Question about In-Home Daycare in BC

It is my understanding that to operate an in-home daycare in BC, you need to have a minimum of 20 hours training in childcare or responsible adult courses, and look after no more than 7 children in your own home.

A friend and I are interested in possibly working together in a daycare.. Would it be possible for her to work in my home? Or does the licensed in-home provider have to be the sole care provider?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Starting to feel at home...
    Hello,
    I would recommend you contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral office. http://www.ccrr.bc.ca/ Your local office will be able to provide you with all the information you need to get started. I recently opened a child care in BC and went to my local CCRR for training, they also have a ton of great resources that can be borrowed if you are a registered or licensed care provider. Good luck to you