Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Special Programs

How much can I expect to pay for someone to come to my daycare for special programming? I am thinking of getting a yoga teacher in. Any other suggestions?

I really want some ideas to break up the long winter!

Euphoric !
    Plan on spending $30 - $50 an hour for many of these people to come in. Which split between the 5 kids is about a cost of $6 -10 each.

In past years this is where two caregivers would have joined together at one home and split the cost of the music teacher, clown, etc. but we can no longer do that so one caregiver needs to either absorb the total cost or ask their parents to pay the additional cost.

Euphoric !
    I am getting quotes of $75-100 which is just not reasonable to me. I think I am going to try and approach some of the young parks and rec staff about doing a program. Money/experience for them, bonus for me.

Euphoric !
    If that is per week then something is for sure wrong. Look into kindermusic or music for young children about running their program with your group.

You could also approach the local colleges that offer the ECE program and advertise for someone that has a musical background to come and do a program for you and maybe get a much lower price in exchange for letting them use the experience towards class work or community involvement credits.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I don't make enough profit to have those kinds of programs come into my daycare. Don't underestimate yourselves ladies. You have music all the time I'm sure, activities and crafts and lots of exercise. Why pay somebody else? Just my opinion anyway.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Shy
    There was an add on kijiji for a kindermusic teacher that is looking to do 45 mins classes in home daycares. It was $15/kid for a 4 week sessions I think....

Here's the link to the add.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-services-c...AdIdZ524672242