Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    Mashed potatoes makes a good thickener, too.

Euphoric !
    I don't particularly enjoy the messiness of soup but I do think kids need to learn how to use a spoon so I do serve it, more in the winter. I give less broth to the younger ones and use lots of crackers to soak it up for the older ones. I serve vegetable soup most often as it's a great way to get all the food groups in them. I buy the knorr vegetable "gel pucks"...you dissolve in water and then add whatever veggies you like. I add cabbage, carrots, celery and a bit of hamburger. They love it. Thankfully they like chili/stew better so I serve that more often than soup. It's such a cheap meal too!!

Shy
    Lentil soup.. I use the recipe right from the Annabel Karmel website. It is basically 6 tablespoons of red lentils, 2 tomatoes, half a zucchini, 2/3 cup of red onion, half red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, 2 garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons of tomato paste and 400 ml of low salt chicken broth. Easy and my own kids devour it (I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old)... my daycare only opens up end of July but I plan on offering soup 2 times a week since I do that with my own kids

Outgoing
    my kiddies love soup, and the current fave is meatball soup, also called italian wedding soup. Someone told me once that It's similar to East Side Marios. I can't remember exact quantities since this recipe is off memory, but i have made it so many times. you will need:
    -1 tbsp olive oil
    -1 onion, chopped fine
    -2 cloves of garlic, minced
    -2 L of chicken stock
    -1 lb of meatballs (either frozen store bought or home made, already seasoned and cooked)
    -one cup of small pasta, like small shells, bow ties, orzo, stars, etc
    -a handful of spinach, chopped fine (frozen chopped is fine too)
    -1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

additional veggies are optional, but i have added carrots in the recipe and it was good!

In a soup pot, Saute onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil for a few min. When onion is translucent, add chicken stock to pot with meat balls and pasta and bring to a boil, then lower heat slightly. cook until pasta is al dente. Then add the spinach and parmesan cheese and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and it's done. Voila!

Outgoing
    Another fave is Tortellini soup.

Ingredients
    2 whole large Cloves Of Garlic Minced
    2 Tbl Olive Oil
    2 10¾ oz Cans of Condensed Tomato Soup
    ¼ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped or 2 Tbl Of Sun Dried Tomato Paste
    2 cups Half-and-half
    2 cups Chicken Stock
    1 tsp Onion Powder
    1 Tbl Italian Seasoning
    ½ tsp Salt
    ½ tsp Pepper
    1 whole 9 Oz Package Of Cheese Filled Tortellini
    ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
    Directions

Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown.
    Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.
    When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices.
    Bring to a simmer.
    Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
    After tortellini are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese

briana26
    Heat oil in oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, carrot, and celery to pan. Sauté vegetables 5 minutes; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute or until vegetables are tender and mixture smells good. Stir in broth, chicken, and thyme. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in pasta, and cook 8 minutes or just until pasta is tender.

Euphoric !
    A soup that I've made a few times and they like is...

Beef or vegetable broth
    Veggies of choice
    Beef tortellini
    Spinach (optional)

Cook all together

alertadmire
    My daughter's nanny once made cheese burger soup which I was forced to ask her the recipe because of its taste:
    Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
    In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
    Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
    In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
    Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.

The flavor of butter and cheese makes it my kids favorite

you can make an easy soup by boiling chicken together with some spices salt and pepper corn and egg those are nutritious and easy boiling technique
    you just have put on everything and simmer
    you can the site given hope it helps

15 quick and easy soup recipes - Today's Parent
    https://www.todaysparent.com/recipes...imple-recipes/

Shy
    all my three year olds are capable of using a spoon to eat soup...I did give one child a measuring spoon (1 Tablespoon) to use because it was easier for her to keep the liquid in the spoon until she got better at the hand coordination