Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    I would call it in, too. We all know how exhausting and tough it can be some days to keep our eyes on 5 children, it's impossible to keep your eyes on 13 children!!! Something WILL happen one day with someone dishonest like that. Better to protect the children.

Euphoric !
    I would definitely call it in and tell them about the facebook page where you saw the proof so they can see it too. You are not Ratting Her Out! You might be saving a child's life. That's nuts - 16 kids - holy crap!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Shy
    16 kids including her own? extremely unsafe! the fact that she is a) advertising that online b) oblivious to the ACTUAL legalities of home care and c) that her daycare parents MUST be aware of it are three strikes against her in my books. Being over by one or two for a short period of time ( after school etc) is one thing... and I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to report that...being over by 11 kids is quite another. crazy....and gives good, informed providers a really bad name.
    “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

― Angela Schwindt

Starting to feel at home...
    Next question, does anyone know who specifically I would report this to in Alberta?

Outgoing
    In AB there aren't super clear cut as to how many kids a private day home can have, though I believe she would require a child care licence to care for more than 6 kids (that aren't her own), I'm not sure if she has one or not but even if she did she can't have more than 10, including her own.

I'd for sure call someone. Regardless of the fact that she's clearly oblivious to the rules and whether or not she's broken them, she can't possibly be able to effectively care for 16 kids.

Outgoing
    I'm not sure who exactly to call, but you could start with child and family services (CFSA) or the FCSS has a Family Day Home branch that deals with licenced day homes, they'd at least be able to direct you to the proper channels if they can't deal with it.

Euphoric !
    WOW, 13 kids?? Here in MB you are allowed 4 if your private and no more than 2 under the age of 2. It is almost impossible to care for 13 toddlers in a safe and nurturing environment while providing quality care.