Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bulletin Board?

Starting to feel at home...

Bulletin Board?

I want to put up a bulletin board of some sort for the theme of the week. However, I'm not sure what to get. I want something that looks attractive and will hold up. Any ideas?

thanks,
    A

I just went to Staples and purchased their largest cork board with a wooden frame. I painted the frame and print off decorative borders to staple onto the board.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

I use a large cork board too. I went to Scholar's Choice and bought different borders to put around it. I also have a white wipe board that I use to put the Themes of the month on as it's always changing.

Thanks for the advice!

Shy
    I've made mine with cork tiles(purchased at HW store) glued onto thick pieces of cardboard. Secured to the wall and then framed with baseboard. I was able to make it as big as I needed.
    I've also seen bulletin boards made with ceiling tiles secured to the wall .....

Euphoric !
    I was using a piece of coroplast - you can get various sizes right up to 4x8' at home depot. It is the same stuff that real estate signs and science presentation boards are made of. What I liked was it was plastic so I could just tape stuff on. It is very lightweight too. Took it down to paint and haven't decided to put it back up, get something bigger/smaller/different/ undecided.

Shy
    I bought the biggest one I could get at Staples. The neat thing about it is that even though it is a cork board it is also magnetic. I thought that would be kind of neat to have both features.

Shy
    I also have a cork board that I use bulletin board sets from Scholar's choice and borders but I also like to use wrapping paper as a background just for a different look.
    Love: Mrs. Laurie