Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysue View Post
    Come on 5 little Monkeys you hated everything you did? What was your position?
    You have added “hate" to this discussion. There is a huge difference between not liking and hating a job.

I'm talking only of child care workers that don't like kids. I'm not talking about hating.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

Outgoing
    My point exactly they burn out and run because they hate there job. How on earth can they give 150% if they hate what they do?
    Again with hate. The fact is that center workers often just go to another center because it's the only job they can get. Home daycare providers quit because they don't like it, can't manage the parents, and or they can't make money to compensate the hard work.

My point is these workers come and go in kids life as a primary caretaker for short stints. Millions of children are cared for by workers in this cycle.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/

Euphoric !
    Skysue.....I said I didn't like my job in healthcare. I was a nursing assistant and I worked in a centre with the same coworkers and clients every day. Even though I didn't like DOING my job there were things I liked ABOUT the job (this is a big difference and probably what kept me there as long I did), I was good at it and most of my coworkers would never have guessed I was always on the look out for another job. Like I said, it's being called professional and doing the job you were hired to do

I guess until you have worked a job that you didn't like but was still good at, you wouldn't get it. I would probably have the same view you do if I hadn't experienced it for myself. I however LOVE my hdc and I don't see myself closing any time soon!

I agree with the person who said that children are like adults.....you don't like them all!! lol

Outgoing
    I agree ladies completely but not liking an individual has nothing to do with not liking your job. If all the kids were like the one that pushes your buttons there is no way you would force yourself to do it. Most definitely you would choose or strive for something else. In nursing there are so many rewarding avenues to choose to work in. Your not always doing what you don't like don't give me that. I would think the rewards would outweigh the negatives. But then again its not for everyone.

I have worked in jobs I down right hated and it's emotionally unhealthy.

Daycarewhisper why do you always assume your right on all subjects? I disagree and I'm allowed! Lol
    why do you think you are right? I disagree and have my own opinion. Saying you can't be great at something you don't like is mind boggling to me. It doesn't make sense.

Euphoric !
    Why does anyone have to be right or wrong? Maybe we spend too much time around kids all day, lol, we are beginning to think like them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    For me disliking something is hating it. Hate is a really strong word but it's the same to me!

I dislike/hate cleaning toilets am I good at it? I do my best! LOL

Have a great day ladies this weather is sooooooo awesome!