Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Finally an interview

I lost daycare kids back in December and have never been back up to capacity. I currently only have 1x M-Th, 1x M,T,Th and 1x T,Th. My income is way down and at times is very disheartening. I have stuck with it as fortunately my husband has been able to pick up the slack. I have someone starting in February M-Th and had a call for a spot last week M-Th. They wanted M-F when I only work M-Th and 7-6 when I only work 7:30-5. She said her employer was flexible and said she would like to meet. I stood my ground asking her to follow up with her boss prior to meeting as although I love meeting people I didn't want to go through with the interview if ultimately the spot wasn't going to work for her needs. She was fine with that and we said goodbye. I didn't think I'd here back but she just called and said that it was so important for her to have a program she liked and a meal plan that was super healthy that she made the changes to her work schedule to fit in with my days and hours. I meet with the family tomorrow and it's to start in 3 weeks...I am crossing all fingers and toes that we are a good fit. And, I'm proud of myself and my backbone for not wavering on my needs as a business owner in times when I have felt desperate to make money and tempted to give in to parents demands which I know I would end up regretting.

Euphoric !
    My fingers and toes are crossed for you too! BTDT. I hope you are back soon with good news.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Expansive...
    Good luck!)

Shy
    You'll deak with everything! Good luck)

Bahaha....have to laugh because all to predictably I just received a phone call to cancel....her husband says he wants her to stay home longer with the child. Ah, I suppose not everyone's in a relationship where people actually have conversations about such important things in life, such as childcare, and are on the same page. What you gonna do though hey, it is what it is.

I just quickly came on to wish you good luck bright sparks and then I read your above post. Sorry they canceled. I agree, parents need to be in agreement before they go interviewing for daycare. At least they called to cancel............mo st just don't show. Hope you fill your spot soon!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Bugger, hey? At least they didn't put you through the whole interview hassle and then cancel.

I'm glad you're sticking to your guns though; hang in there, there's a niche for everyone .