Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Euphoric !
    I agree .... I would have had a consequence for him too.... I don't take that crap from my own kids I certainly won't take it from someone else's. when this kid throws her food or cup have you tried taking ahold of this little girls hands and in a mean face and a louder then normal voice said "no throwing food " and put the item back and when she tries it again repeat and say it again and louder make sure she knows you mean business. I wouldn't take her down that's probably what she wants. I stopped all my kids from throwing food right away using this method.

Starting to feel at home...
    Thx, I've tried a few different things with her re: the throwing food. I think what drives it is that she doesn't want to be in a highchair, she wants to eat while walking around. When I take her out of the chair after throwing something she tries to steal stuff off her tray. Or she picks up the food off the floor and tries to eat it. I do use the mean voice and have taken things away once she makes a move to dump it. Or I will only give her one piece of food at a time. I just expected her to "get it" by now that we don't throw food on the floor. Just frustrating.

Euphoric !
    I would say if these 2 are that bad they need to go. You will be amazed at how good you feel once they are gone. As far as throwing food I squeeze the child's hand and in a firm voice say no. It didn't take long for my youngest to stop doing it. If she isn't getting it then take everything away and just make her sit there until everyone else is done.

In my house too if a child is sick then they go home. It should not be you getting the child from pre-school it should be mom. If the child says they are sick at pre-school tell the teacher to phone mom for pick up.