Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    That was an ugly termination! I talked to the mom at pick up and she just went into attack mode. Every chance she got, she'd take another stab at me. I stuck to the facts that this dck was not playing with anyone, would not nap and would wake the others, and spent most of the morning always whining/crying. When I said this dck is only happy when playing one on one with me, mom's response was "Imagine that, actually having to play with (child's name)". So rude! She lectured me on how I should just deal with this behaviour and it's unprofessional for me to terminate, because of a child not integrating and meshing well with the group. Mom also lectured me on how she doesn't think her 20 month old child needs naps. Needless to say, I'm so glad it's over. It's obvious their child rules the house and it wouldn't have gotten any better.

Euphoric !
    Sorry about the personal attacks that does nothing to make the situation easier for anyone. But it for sure underlines the concept that the parent has no idea what group daycare is all about. Besides what makes her think her kid is so special you would want to spend your entire day coddling them anyways. The good news for you is you know she is going to have the same issues anywhere she goes and by the third dayhome maybe she will have that lightbulb moment and realize wait a minute maybe it is me or my child.

It's true! This was their first daycare experience, and I definitely can't see any other daycare provider putting up with this type of behaviour long term. I definitely think the same thing is going to happen wherever she goes and she will continue to be terminated.

Euphoric !
    Omigosh, I'm so glad you terminated but sorry for the bad experience. If this parent verbally attacked you, maybe it was just a matter of time until that happened anyway. You are better off finding a nicer family. Best of luck and pat yourself on the back for getting it over and done. Enjoy your weekend.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Thanks! I already feel such a sense of relief that I don't have to deal with this child anymore. It's so much more peaceful when this dck isn't here!

Outgoing
    been there and done that. Don't feel bad to term, because if they do it at my house I know they do this at home, the only difference is that I don't give in.

Shy
    omg i am in exactly the same boat...she's been with me a month and is 12mths old. she will play with the others but once she hits tired, hungry, cranky whatever...she is inconsolable and loud. She is fine if I hold her. She is usually happy and ok till about 11, then the rest of the day is more or less a write off. my whole routine has been off since she started ( which I expect in the beginning but it has been a full month now)
    “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

― Angela Schwindt

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimangeline View Post
    omg i am in exactly the same boat...she's been with me a month and is 12mths old. she will play with the others but once she hits tired, hungry, cranky whatever...she is inconsolable and loud. She is fine if I hold her. She is usually happy and ok till about 11, then the rest of the day is more or less a write off. my whole routine has been off since she started ( which I expect in the beginning but it has been a full month now)
    You already stated your answer in your post. Tell the parents they must encourage her to be independent and not to pick her up at her first whimper.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Shy
    I have told them that...they say they're not doing it..so it's my thoughts about it against their word. :S
    “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

― Angela Schwindt

Euphoric !
    Kimangeline it sounds like the child needs a morning nap still. By noon she is so overtired she can't cope with anything.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: