Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    Exactly what I was going to say playfelt .... Put that child down for a short nap (30-45mins) at 8am that way she can cope for the rest of the morning and still be tired for her aft nap.

Shy
    yep she is still readjusting from two to one nap...and if I lay her down in the morning, she still just yells the whole time ( usually...sometimes she sleeps) Putting her down at 8 isn't really an option with our schedule ( school runs, etc). It will just take time I suppose...I'm trying to focus on all the positives but when she's yelling..its tough lol
    “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

― Angela Schwindt

Euphoric !
    Kimangeline, I have a baby under 1 year who sleeps in the stroller at 9ish when we head out the door to go to the park. Can you get your little one to sleep while you travel on your school run and kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak? I find my dcbaby naps better in the afternoon if he does get his 1/2 hour morning nap and we've had days this week when he didn't sleep all day. I'm tired! It's a work in progress. Unfortunately, it takes time to get to know these children when they are new and figure out what works best for us and for them. Keep experimenting and from one exhausted provider to another - best of luck!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Shy
    thanks momof4...sometimes she will fall asleep in stroller or wagon in the morning, but it hasn't made a difference for her afternoons at all. it is definitely a work in progress..
    “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

― Angela Schwindt

Quote Originally Posted by KellyP View Post
    Unfortunately it is a fact of life that not all kids can handle daycare. Sounds like this one might be one of them. He sounds as if he needs a nanny, not group care.
    I'd term and tell the parent(s) that you simply cannot provide the type of care (one on one) that he requires.

If they are willing to work with you in helping him to develop some independence, great...but if they are not doing anything to help him and are only carrying him around 24/7 and giving into everything, I wouldn't bother.

Whether I termed or not would depend HIGHLY on what the parents are and aren't willing to do to fix this.
    100% agreed! I had a child who did something similar, and while I could try and try and try, reality is, in a group setting, I am not going to be able to hold the child the entire time. If they can't handle that, it becomes disruptful to the group. I ended up suggesting to the parent that they try a nanny or an unlicensed, but registered daycare (because they only have 2 children).