Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Euphoric !

Morning from hell

I don't even know if I can express in words how stressful my morning was but I am hoping posting it will help me to feel better and I can move on.

DCB arrives and immediately starts bawling, DCG mom brings her girl shortly after and lingers a little too long (only 5 mins but felt like forever). Had to kick her out as the kids started to get a little crazy. New DCG arrives, no issue at all (awesome).

Start circle time. New DCG refuses to participate, has a choice can sit in the hall on timeout or join the group. Chooses to sit out. DCB still bawling but participating and is sitting on my lap which is calming him. Manage to make it through.

Snack time. No real surprises goes well. Kids want to finish what they were playing so I decide to delay going outside by 20 mins (why did I do this? this is when things started to go down hill).

Continue their free play. Turns out new DCG has no clue how to interact with these kids (she is 3 but never in DC). She starts hitting kids, taking toys, pushing etc. Spent a lot of morning on time out.

Get them to tidy up and get ready. Dressing everyone was a gong show. Took way too long and was too chaotic. I don't blame them they are off their schedule a little.

Go outside and the real fun begins. I forgot I let one of my DC families keep their push car in the backyard last night as they were going out straight from DC. This was totally cool with me but I forgot to move it. 18 mos old DCG (her car) wants to be pushed in the car. I do this for a while but I obviously have other kids. I stop pushing her and this upsets her. She then starts freaking out as other kids start touching her car or want to ride in it. I remove the car from the backyard and DCG wails and won't stop. All the while new DCG keeps hitting other kids, taking their toys and spilling their buckets of water they collected. She gets separated.

A game is initiated of tag, fight breaks out as to which game to play. My 3 yo and another 3 yo can't move on from this and continue to scream at each other. Game is ended and I decide we are going to come inside as they are all insane. My daughter (3.5) refuses to come in and runs to back corner of backyard. I get all kids inside and leave her. The little ones go into their highchairs for safety I go back out and physically carry my daughter inside. She is sent to her room. All the while my 18 mos old dcg is still screaming and the neighbour who is trying to sell his house (he was a landlord and tenants lives next to us so never even knew I ran a daycare) complains about the screaming...

Lunch was early and nap was a little early as well.
    Last edited by torontokids; 10-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.