Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forfeited spot

Outgoing

Forfeited spot

So I have a clause in my contract that states if a child is absent from my daycare for two weeks or more without notification, that spot is forfeited and will be opened up for other clients. I have a (very) part time family that has now been absent for two weeks. No phone calls, no messages, nothing. Their child only ever came once a week, for a half day at that. It took forever to transition him, and he still loses his mind for like half an hour at drop off. I am relieved, quite frankly. I was hesitant to write a termination notice because these people live in my neighbourhood, but I am going to notify them that I'm filling the spot because of the absenteeism. They were a headache for six months! Schedule all over the place, late payments, bounced cheque, late pick ups, notification for care at the last possible moment.... I've got an interview Sat. to fill the spot

Expansive...
    Good luck with your interview!

Don't let them talk you out of it. They sound like manipulators. Good luck with your interview!

Euphoric !
    My fingers and toes are crossed for you! That is a very good clause to add to a contract for a part-timer.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Expansive...
    Wow, you lasted longer with them then I would have! Good luck with your interview!!

Euphoric !
    Wow...I hadn't thought of a clause for that! Revising my contract today for new client....good one! Thanks! You lasted longer with them then I would have for sure. Ugh, what a pain! I've actually stopped doing part time altogether. I have 1 full time space that's split between 2 clients, but once one leaves, the other wants to fill the gap. That's it....no more part time every again! I've been doing it for years and can't stand it. There are enough people looking for full time that I'm willing to wait. It's just not worth it any more. Hope your interview goes well and they're golden

Outgoing
    I have a good story for you. So I had a child sign up in the middle of may. They were on one week off the following week. So when they signed up the mother and gma said that he would be here till he started in school in september. So after having him for 2 weeks (or one month) he stopped coming. I waited and waited and nothing. So now its the middle of aug. and the mother calls. She tells me that everyone is done using their vacation time and can he come back to daycare. I told her no, after 2 weeks I assumed she was done. She was mad, but it wasn't my problem.

Expansive...
    Mine is 5 consecutive days of no shows. I think two weeks is too long - don't want to risk the lost income.

Outgoing
    I would love to not have to do part time, but most clients in this area are only looking for part time.

Outgoing
    I don't mind the part time kids as long as i have some full time kids too. I had all part time kids when i first started out 2 yrs ago and it wasn't nearly enough money for all the work i was doing. I have been fortunate to have 2 very good families split a full time spot, they even adapt to each others schedules. I have found it to work so far.