Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Teething woes....

Has any other parent had the pleasure of the eye teeth taking FOREVER to come through? I'm not sure I'm going to survive this much longer. My Daughter has been waking up screaming 2 times a night now for 2 weeks and not going to sleep again for over 1 hr. Also short naps. She is a bear with me and the daycare kids... I'm at my end with zero energy for my daycare.... I have tried all sorts of pain relief and nothing seems to cut it. poor kiddo.

Outgoing
    I feel your pain!!!
    It seems like the teething never ends those first couple of years.
    Have you tried Camilia? Or teething tablets? Or a amber teething necklace? All of those seemed to really help for me. In particular the necklace. I just kept it on him all the time. Put it on his thigh inside his sleeper at night. I swear the days I forgot to put it on him were the worst ones! I also gave advil at night.
    Good luck!!!!

Euphoric !
    I have a no necklaces in bed policy for everyone. Nice to know the teething necklace doesn't have to be around the neck to do it's job.

Euphoric !
    I have a dcboy who has worn an amber teething necklace since he was 3 months old. He's 2 now and still wearing it, but he hardly has any teeth, it's taking forever for him too. I was really worried when he was new but the parents knotted it so it was just the right size and now that he's bigger it's just left loose without knots. I always make sure it's tucked inside his shirts. I suppose a child who was a really restless sleeper would be worrisome but this little boy barely moves during naptime. I will dose with Camillia at daycare under parental instructions but I won't dose a fever, so no other over the counter meds. A fever means a child has to go home. But since it's your own child you can do what you need to do to relieve her pain.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Shy
    Hylands teething tablets worked wonders for my kids. I recommend them to all my dc parents. They are homeopathic and dissolve in babies mouth. they work instantly! ( at least they did for my kids)
    “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

― Angela Schwindt

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyFarm View Post
    Has any other parent had the pleasure of the eye teeth taking FOREVER to come through? I'm not sure I'm going to survive this much longer. My Daughter has been waking up screaming 2 times a night now for 2 weeks and not going to sleep again for over 1 hr. Also short naps. She is a bear with me and the daycare kids... I'm at my end with zero energy for my daycare.... I have tried all sorts of pain relief and nothing seems to cut it. poor kiddo.
    I put several teethers in the freezer or fridge and gives the child a cold teether. I'd wash the last one and put it in the fridge or freezer so there's always something cold when needed. I notice that the child was taken by surprised by the unexpected coldness the first few times, and he/she started to associate the cold teether to relief that when I hand it out the child eagerly grabs it and pop it pronto in his/her mouth. It seems to help for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to betsy For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    You can do the same with a damp facecloth by wetting it but wringing it out well then put in the freezer. The combination of chewing on the cold but soft helps some kids.