Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stressing out

Starting to feel at home...

Stressing out

Im really stressing out! I lost two families at the end of august/early september due to preschool and a mom loosing her job and moving. Weve been on basically been on one income(my husbands) Currently i have two brothers in my daycare one is b/a and the other is full time. But they are discounted price due to being siblings(i know i shouldnt of did this) and the fact that i know them for yrs now. Last time i got kids in it took me well over 6 months to fill a spot i have three spots to fill. In scared thats going to happen again. I have halloween around the corner, birthdays, christmas and surgrey for my gallbladder being removed(which i was suppose to go sept but i had to move to the new yr because i couldnt take two weeks off.
    All week this week ive been feeling really down and feel like not talking or being around anyone this stress is taking over. I just keep doing interviews and nothing or they go somewhere else. How long does it take for you to fill spots? I feel like my whole family would be happy if i went to work. I just dont know. I love doing it at home ive been doing it for 4yrs and never had to fill so many spots at a time. I knew it was going to happen next yr as they were all suppose to go school. A bit of a shock when the two left.

Euphoric !
    Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out. Have you considered asking the doctor for an earlier date if one comes up and then taking the time now to heal while numbers are way down and then starting afresh in the new year?

Always forget where people live but for sure it varies. Sometimes nothing for what seems like ages and then lots of calls. Actually you may be heading into a good time. Sometimes people start at a daycare for Sept and things don't go according to plan and by Thanksgiving decide it is time to make a change. Also parents needing care Dec-Feb often leave it till Thanksgiving is over and then start in earnest to find a space. It is as if they need an event to jog their memory of the calendar.

Euphoric !
    I feel ya!! I am so stressed out too. I have 1 spot left to fill but it just seems like I can't find anyone to fill it. I have so much coming up too that I need the money. So stressed out.

It is stressful not knowing what's going to happen next. Me, I like to know about tomorrow yesterday! Lol. I'm down to 3 part timers and I'm finding my spots very hard to fill right now. Like Playfelt said though, things have a way of working out. Just keep telling yourself that the kids you're meant to have with you are coming and that the ones you don't snag aren't the right ones anyways! In the meantime, find some you time and enjoy it because you never know, you might be super busy again very soon and wish for a break.

Outgoing
    This was me over summer. It's so hard having "inconsistent" income, and depending on others, because you never know if they're going to up and leave with a months notice.

That was my dry spell, and hopefully the group I have will stick around for a bit. Honestly I was considering going back to work, but there are *of course* no teaching jobs open near me, so I stuck it out and I'm happy I did.

The funny thing is, that I was full as of last week, and over the weekend a friend told me that her boss was looking to hire for a position that I previously interviewed for (before my mat leave) and really wanted me. Funny how it works out sometimes.

Do what's best for your family, if sticking it out is an option, I'd give it more time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2cuteboys View Post
    This was me over summer. It's so hard having "inconsistent" income, and depending on others, because you never know if they're going to up and leave with a months notice.

That was my dry spell, and hopefully the group I have will stick around for a bit. Honestly I was considering going back to work, but there are *of course* no teaching jobs open near me, so I stuck it out and I'm happy I did.

The funny thing is, that I was full as of last week, and over the weekend a friend told me that her boss was looking to hire for a position that I previously interviewed for (before my mat leave) and really wanted me. Funny how it works out sometimes.

Do what's best for your family, if sticking it out is an option, I'd give it more time!
    Im hpoing to stick it out. Hoping that at least one or two kids need care. I was having a really bad week and stressing that christmas is around the corner.

Outgoing
    I know, Christmas already! I always try to do my shopping over a few months (so I guess that means starting now!) so it seems to hurt the wallet less!

Good luck! Let us know when you find someone!