Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overnights

Overnights

Hi everybody,
    This is my first time posting a question on here so forgive me if this is not the proper place for the question. One of the parents of two children I look after have asked me if I could take them for a week, overnights included. My question is how much is it reasonable to charge for two kids for 5 days?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks so much,
    Susana

Euphoric !
    Almost double your regular rate would be reasonable as it will include two extra meals and a snack. I know they are in theory in bed for a large part of the overnight but if they wake you will be the one getting up.

Outgoing
    Wow it would have to be quite a bit to get me to agree to that. My full time weekly rate is $150 so atleast double that each child

Euphoric !
    Wow ... My daily rate is $40 .... My over night would have to be at least $60 so I would say at least $100 per child per 24 hour period and that's providing they are good kids and not hellions.

Euphoric !
    Also depends on why they need it - going away on vacation without the kids costs a lot more than when parents are sitting vigil in the hospital or dealing with a family situation out of town.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Thanks for replying ladies..
    Yeah I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to do it. I am also a single mom of a 10 year old.. Lol
    The kids are good, most of the time although I have never kept them overnight. The parents are going away on vacation. The older one is in school so I will also have to either drop her off at the bus or drive her to school. I will admit to feeling a bit anxious about next week. I don't think I really thought it through before agreeing. Thanks for all the help! 😀