Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ahhh Mondays...

Outgoing

Ahhh Mondays...

Happy Monday morning everyone!
    I have all 4 of my dckiddos with colds, plus my own son (18m)... 3 out of 4 kiddos arrived screaming and miserable. Clearly sick with colds, and thrown off their schedules from the weekend. One dcm even tried saying her little guy was teething that its not a cold. Really? "Teething" my A$$. Needless to say, ALL have gone back to bed and its quite possible some phonecalls will be made if their moods don't improve. Its also freezing and calling for rain here ALL day :-(
    AGGHHH!!!
    I think that its a sleep as long as you want and a Baby Mozart and Elmo DVD day today.
    How's everyone's Mondays so far?

Smart idea. Enjoy the 'hopefully uneventful' rest of your day! I was just thinking last Friday to finally have a day where I wasn't on wiping nose patrol! Alas, here I am again...the Kleenex (or, in my case, toilet paper) Queen has returned
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    It's 815 here and still no children, which is normal though. I have late drop off's and early pick ups! I am wondering how many will have a cold though as 2 had ones last week and now I have a mild one today

Happy Monday....I think???

Outgoing

My day starts @7am

So since it starts a 7am, if the kiddos need to go back to bed its fine and usually doesn't interfere too much with afternoon nap (which is a MUST here LOL).
    I don't mind colds, provided that they are in fact that, colds. I get annoyed with the "its teething" nonsense. I have been mom for 15 years, I know the difference between teething and a cold.
    As long as the children are able to eat, sleep and play and their moods are good I am fine with them coming since colds seem to hit us almost monthly. Its when there are mornings like today when 3 of them arrived screaming and clingy and didn't want to do "anything" that I tried so it was back to bed. I will see how they are when they wake up. We are home all day anyway due to the weather. If they are still miserable parents are being called to come and get them.
    Being 18 weeks pregnant I am a little more sensitive with the "colds" going around now.

Euphoric !
    Last week was our first full week since first of Sept with no nose wiping, coughing, or exhausted kids. Not so with this week. One child is home because his asthma in no longer controlled and he is coming down with another cold, two others have running noses and one is complaining of an ear ache even though she just finished meds for an ear infection. She has a followup appointment on Wed so hopefully she can make it that long. My cough is coming back and I can tell I have way more stuff down the back of my throat than is normal so I am going to be right there with them probably next week. Makes for easy care weeks in the sense of mostly they just laze around and don't do too much. I drink tea and wipe noses and that is pretty much it. Sometimes a nice break to look forward to unless I get too sick.

Euphoric !
    Gotta love this time of year. I have a bunch of sick kids too. 1 stayed home today. Here's to hoping for a long quiet nap time!

Shy
    lol oh good morning! I have a few with colds, but they aren't too cranky thank god. Hope the rest of the day goes better!
    “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

― Angela Schwindt

Euphoric !
    All except one kid stayed home today. It has been awesome. I let him play upstairs in my daughters room with her and they watched a movie (both things they have never done as my daycare is a separate space and we are TV free). I of course checked with mom first (re: the TV as a lot of families choose me because of this) and she was cool with a laid back day.

Outgoing
    I have 3 of 4 kids with colds today. I find that wet wipes work so much better than Kleenex.

Euphoric !
    daycaremom9, I was using wet wipes until a mom brought in boogie wipes...I love them!! So much easier on their little noses when they are getting it wiped 20 million times a day lol